SCV Still dropping

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Blue stars have now passed them. Is this a record year for the vanguard as far as low placement?

If i remember correctly, the lowest in their history has been 7th. looks like they might go to 8th maybe even lower.

What will this do to staff for next year?

At different shows, on different nights, with different judging panels? ..... Okay.

Not sure I understand the point of the posting as Blue Stars have not as of today beaten SCV and it is such a negative topic. :thumbup:

Did you celebrate Phantom Regiment's 9th place finish in 2009 and did that make you feel better about yourself?

How about either celebrating the accomplishments of corps or at least be constructive in criticism?

Good info BAC oboist. You wouldn't happen to be the BAC oboist in 90, are you? One who went on to the P&CofNE?

No, no, no. There were 2 oboists in '91. She was in the pit; I played baritone. She did go to UM-Amherst, while my undergrad was at UM-Lowell. BAC '91 also had a bassoonist in the pit.

Not sure I understand the point of the posting as Blue Stars have not as of today beaten SCV and it is such a negative topic. :thumbup:

Did you celebrate Phantom Regiment's 9th place finish in 2009 and did that make you feel better about yourself?

How about either celebrating the accomplishments of corps or at least be constructive in criticism?

why don't you read the OP and answer a simple question of discussion? who said anything about celebrating PR's low placement?

The Blue stars have now passed them. Is this a record year for the vanguard as far as low placement?

If i remember correctly, the lowest in their history has been 7th. looks like they might go to 8th maybe even lower.

What will this do to staff for next year?

I'll entertain your OP...

1. Blue Stars have NOT passed them in any head to head meetings as of today.

2. Year is not completed so we don't know final placement... lowest I believe in the DCI era was 8th in 2005

(reference: http://www.corpsreps.com/corpsreps.cfm?vie...orpstype=Junior )

3. Who knows staff impact but Jeff understands what kind of team is needed.

Phantom reference was directed at the negative tone of the questioning.

Whether it happens at finals or prelims\semis, if BS notches a win against SCV, i believe it will be the first time since finals 1972.