Why the top four challengers shouldn't win

Since we've heard so much about why (in great detail) the Blue Devils "deserve" to lose, and/or why some other corps will righteously take the title away from them (remember 08! and so on), I'll just go ahead and bluntly say why I think that NONE of these groups deserves the title over BD this year.

Cadets are too CHEESY. Have been for years, save perhaps for last year (overbearing pit notwithstanding). But basically they used to be much more deep and thus deserving imho.

Bluecoats, well, now that I think of it I'll have to give them a pass. They're cool. If they win, I'm okay with it (I don't think they will).

Cavies are bland and repetitive, you could impose one years' music on another years' drill and it would be pretty much the same thing. In other words, consistently BORING imho.

Crown is a COPY-CAT with nothing new to offer, that's what happens when you hire staff from the past. In their case, staff from the past, hired from the past. So they're a shadow of a shadow. Something like Garfield, something like Star, nothing new or different imho.

So that's why I think Blue Devils (or, as it occurs to me just when I wrote this, Bluecoats lol) DESERVE the title as an original, innovative, and amazing corps.

Way to bring other corps down in order to talk yours up.

Stay classy! :thumbdown:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we've heard so much about why (in great detail) the Blue Devils "deserve" to lose, and/or why some other corps will righteously take the title away from them (remember 08! and so on), I'll just go ahead and bluntly say why I think that NONE of these groups deserves the title over BD this year.

Cadets are too CHEESY. Have been for years, save perhaps for last year (overbearing pit notwithstanding). But basically they used to be much more deep and thus deserving imho.

Bluecoats, well, now that I think of it I'll have to give them a pass. They're cool. If they win, I'm okay with it (I don't think they will).

Cavies are bland and repetitive, you could impose one years' music on another years' drill and it would be pretty much the same thing. In other words, consistently BORING imho.

Crown is a COPY-CAT with nothing new to offer, that's what happens when you hire staff from the past. In their case, staff from the past, hired from the past. So they're a shadow of a shadow. Something like Garfield, something like Star, nothing new or different imho.

So that's why I think Blue Devils (or, as it occurs to me just when I wrote this, Bluecoats lol) DESERVE the title as an original, innovative, and amazing corps.

20rtr0w.gif

What an idiotic thing to say.

ALL of the music is different. Most (or all) of the drill is different. The show concept is entirely different.

Frankly, it would be more intelligent to say that they main SIMILARITY from last year to this year is the use of props, and nothing more.

How can people say ridiculous stuff like this and get away with it as though it's somehow true!?

Heh, you tell me. You seemed to do it pretty easily when discussing another corps, like the Cavaliers. :thumbdown:

No Matt, see, opinions are idiotic when they don't match up with his. But his opinions are a-ok!

Glad I could clear that up for you.

Now, how exactly are you qualified to know who "DESERVES" to win? Isn't the corps who's going to win the corps that's the best out there on August 14th, not the one who deserves it the most? You make it sound like they're being handed a championship, not because they're earning it. Right now, I can see 3 corps taking home the title, and I really think that Bluecoats have the best shot of surging through to take the title.

I would like to point out it's 9:15 here on the West Coast, and we've had our first classless topic of the day. Who needs coffee when we can read this in the morning?

And one more point, where are the regional bias people? They jumped all over the last thread where people weren't praising BD as regional hatred, but where are they now??????

Edited by fsubone

And one more point, where are the regional bias people? They jumped all over the last thread where people weren't praising BD as regional hatred, but where are they now??????

Starbucks?

:thumbdown:

This thread is classless, and full of hate and hypocrisy. Awful.

Save yourself and request for it to be closed!