Why the top four challengers shouldn't win

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we've heard so much about why (in great detail) the Blue Devils "deserve" to lose, and/or why some other corps will righteously take the title away from them (remember 08! and so on), I'll just go ahead and bluntly say why I think that NONE of these groups deserves the title over BD this year.

Cadets are too CHEESY. Have been for years, save perhaps for last year (overbearing pit notwithstanding). But basically they used to be much more deep and thus deserving imho.

Bluecoats, well, now that I think of it I'll have to give them a pass. They're cool. If they win, I'm okay with it (I don't think they will).

Cavies are bland and repetitive, you could impose one years' music on another years' drill and it would be pretty much the same thing. In other words, consistently BORING imho.

Crown is a COPY-CAT with nothing new to offer, that's what happens when you hire staff from the past. In their case, staff from the past, hired from the past. So they're a shadow of a shadow. Something like Garfield, something like Star, nothing new or different imho.

So that's why I think Blue Devils (or, as it occurs to me just when I wrote this, Bluecoats lol) DESERVE the title as an original, innovative, and amazing corps.

Everything about this post is nothing BUT opinion! So why rip other opinions?!?! You called yourself "old" so act your age!! MY OPINION IS JUST MY OPINION....I DON"T LIKE THEIR SHOW AND I LIKE ALL THE OTHERS!! Is this yrs music jazz?? If it is haven't they always have played jazz music with the exception of 88(?)? When I think of putting something different on the field I also include musical selections! Another personal opinion for me is that I never have enjoyed jazz, but that's me.

This thread is classless, and full of hate and hypocrisy. Awful.

Save yourself and request for it to be closed!

Agreed. Never a big fan of this approach. Kids work too hard out there to have their work summarized with such thoughtless punchlines.

"If you can't (or wouldn't) say your post directly to the kids on the field, then shut the #### up!"

Edited by Plan9

Me too...this is some year.

G

Yeah, man! We are so lucky to even have an activity like this around. It doesn't

happen automatically. It happens because of incredible hard work and sacrifice

by a lot of people.

We all have our moments of negativity - me included. But maybe we should put a lid

on it lest we take this great activity of ours for granted.

See you all in INDY!!!

Agreed. Never a big fan of this approach. Kids work too hard out there to have their work summarized with such thoughtless punchlines.

"If you can't (or wouldn't) say your post directly to the kids on the field, then shut the #### up!"

Sure wish there was a "like" button for your last statement!!!

Sure wish there was a "like" button for your last statement!!!

thumbsup.png

WOW...It was completely unexpected to see you on this discussion of BD :thumbdown:

Seriously though...This time I actually agree that it may be in bad taste....BUT I do respect all opinions even if their lacking a little couth...

Im a little late but oh well

Seriously I am all for respect of opinion on this here wonderful internet establishment, But categorizing corps shows, Is just not right.. I respect your opinion but I don't think you should be labeling other corps just to get your point across. If I was in one of those corps and I heard someone catorgized us as "boring" and "nothing innovated" I would be pretty ######.