Why the top four challengers shouldn't win

But you didn't reply to what I wrote.

Have the Cavies ever really reinvented themselves?

To me, it's the same old bore year after year.

Devs have come out with all new stuff from time to time (sometimes strikingly new, moreso than any other championship level corps really, save for Star back in their day). Do you disagree with that?

2008 Upset, just saying................... coats are closing in........................

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really, really enjoy the Cavaliers, Bluecoats, Crowns, Cadets, Blue Stars, Phantom, SCV, etc., shows.

Me too...

Can't we all get along? :thumbdown:

And that is the CLASSIEST thing about nearly ALL of the BD fans...it's about respect and honor for the entire activity. You rarely see this kind of crap posted on here from a BD fan. Wish I could say the same for others...

Since we've heard so much about why (in great detail) the Blue Devils "deserve" to lose, and/or why some other corps will righteously take the title away from them (remember 08! and so on), I'll just go ahead and bluntly say why I think that NONE of these groups deserves the title over BD this year.

Cadets are too CHEESY. Have been for years, save perhaps for last year (overbearing pit notwithstanding). But basically they used to be much more deep and thus deserving imho.

Bluecoats, well, now that I think of it I'll have to give them a pass. They're cool. If they win, I'm okay with it (I don't think they will).

Cavies are bland and repetitive, you could impose one years' music on another years' drill and it would be pretty much the same thing. In other words, consistently BORING imho.

Crown is a COPY-CAT with nothing new to offer, that's what happens when you hire staff from the past. In their case, staff from the past, hired from the past. So they're a shadow of a shadow. Something like Garfield, something like Star, nothing new or different imho.

So that's why I think Blue Devils (or, as it occurs to me just when I wrote this, Bluecoats lol) DESERVE the title as an original, innovative, and amazing corps.

And that is the CLASSIEST thing about nearly ALL of the BD fans...it's about respect and honor for the entire activity. You rarely see this kind of crap posted on here from a BD fan. Wish I could say the same for others...

I honestly can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.

But as a longtime fan with no particular affiliations, I can say that most all fans of most all corps have impressed me as classy most all of the time.

Same old bore.

2002 was incredible, don't get me wrong. But it was just maxed out Cavies and nothing more.

As far as your "92" marker, they were the same LONG before they titled with it. I remember 87 and 88 clearly, and it was very much the same product back then too...probably earlier still, but before then they were so bad nobody cared.

Cavies were winning national championships in the 50's and 60's.

I simply cannot grasp the idea that cavaliers are a bore in any of their shows. I find that they are one of the most entertaing corps due to their insane drill formations. Their brass may not be top tier, but they are incredibly entertaining. 2004 especially, that show was just kick-***.

Obviously everyone has their own opinion but the top 5 corps this year are the strongest I can remember.

Cadets I would hardly characterize as CHEESY. One kid out of 150 running around hardly distracts from one

of the best shows I have seen from the Cadets in years. They are visually tops IMO.

Crown is lush and wonderful. How could you not appreciate that mature beautiful sound.

Cavies are always top notch. They perform at a very high level every season whether you like what they're

doing or not.

BlueCoats, I guess, are blessed that you gave them a pass. Im sure they are rejoicing as we text.

Are you really saying cavies 92 = cavies 95 = cavies 02 = cavies 04 = cavies 06?

Really?

I would maybe suggest you rewatch all of them and tell me how that is.

(this is in response to several posts by Westcoaster on the first page).