Where are you staying in Indy?

getting in tomorrow, staying in a place with a bar and a bed, a block away from the steakhouse my CEO insists on taking me and my wife to for dinner

If you are talking about St. Elmo's Steakhouse be sure to get the world famous shrimp cocktail. The cocktail sauce is made with freshly grated horseradish and is ridiculously spicy. Makes your sinuses open and your nose run. lol. Good stuff.

Edited by anniem

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To keep Finals expenses down, I have a $1 seat on the megabus from Chicago. There are 7 daily routes. After Saturday's show, I'll take the first megabus back to Chicago, also for $1. So, the bus serves as my transient hotel.

I'll repeat the $1 each-way trip in November for BOA Finals.

Generally, megabus has one seat per bus for $1, then the remaining Chicago-Indy seats run $10 $15 or $29.

My elderly parents live in Greenwood -- immediately south of Indy -- so I am a big fan of megabus, taking it once each month.

While working at Show Biz Pizza during high school in the kitchen, you could not possibly make a good tasting pizza, but the singing bears were fun. After hours, we would take the Always Available sign off the menu board and hang it around Mitzy Bear's neck. We had a lot of birthday parties. "Today is your birthday" Uggh. Now that rotten song is zipping through my head. One evening in a bear costume, I accidently knocked one kid in the head with the fiberglass snout.

Dad and I worked at the track for several years, during Time Trials and Race Day. My favorite gate to work at was Gate 9A, as the marching band busses entered here.

If I was staying at a hotel in Indy, I would definitely stay at any downtown location, and not bother with a car, as everything is walkable. If you need to get somewhere, there is frequent Indygo bus service on the Washington #8 to the airport, and the #39 to the state fairgrounds, or the #31 to the Greenwood Park Mall or to mom and dads. Shout out to Herb and Evelyn!

Indygo day passes are $4, and one-way trips are $1.75. No change provided. And no roughhousing on the bus.

Edited by DeanInChicago

If you are talking about St. Elmo's Steakhouse be sure to get the world famous shrimp cocktail. The cocktail sauce is made with freshly grated horseradish and is ridiculously spicy. Makes your sinuses open and your nose run. lol. Good stuff.
oh it's on my to eat list

Right now, I'd say the Brazilian steakhouse (Fogo de Chao) is the best overall experience. Incredible salad bar. Incredible service. Meats delivered to your plate in less than 2 minutes from the fire.

Jeff, if this isn't the place your boss is taking you, go there on your own some other night!

I'm at the Westin...

Days Inn - Airport

Arriving friday morning

Watching lots friday evening

Attending Finals on sat.

Simple question....

Where are you staying? When are you arriving? Are you going to shows all 3 nights? If not, what do you plan on doing while in town?

I'll be at Crowne Plaza by the airport again! (Go Crown!) We'll be arriving Thursday, but we're only going to Finals. Thinking about checking out the Children's Museum or taking the 9 year old over to the track to see it in all its glory. ...and of course visit family!

I'm sure there will be the obligatory stop at Mug and Bun!

IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!!!

Staying at the Courtyard Marriott from Thurs-Sat!

Thursday is lot night for us, then will be in the suites on Friday and Saturday :thumbup: