Quarterfinals Open Thread

See you in the lot tomorrow!

MIKE

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some might argue that it takes a hornline like before you could even attempt the show they perform. Even Pioneer's hornline can entertain with a straightforward, vanilla gospel show, but it takes a lot of excellence to effectively communicate abstract jazz. I haven't seen the Blue Devils yet, but from everything I've read it sounds like something that would require a #### fine horn section to ever pull it off.

Ok, well then that begs the question....why?! Why choose abstract jazz? And that's assuming they even played much of the source material. I did catch 2 phrases of "La Suerte". 2 phases. Take your kick ### hornline and whail on it if you wanna bring the house down! Eh, I'm just annoyed...

What do you expect when BD is Finals Clean in Texas???? It is like watching Tiger Woods over and over, after a while he is normal.....well, until this year. ;)

I don't understand if you're saying that as a positive or negative. Should we as drum corps fans be bitter just because a corps is consistently clean all year long? Should we be jaded when a corps wins every single show for two years?

I really don't get the "they're really good, I admit they're really good, but I'm annoyed that they keep winning" mindset.

guys/gals...... really, it is Bluuuuuueeeee not Bloooooo..... you Bloooooo up a baloon. you eat Bluuuueeee berries. See you tomorrow in the lot.

I don't understand if you're saying that as a positive or negative. Should we as drum corps fans be bitter just because a corps is consistently clean all year long? Should we be jaded when a corps wins every single show for two years?

I really don't get the "they're really good, I admit they're really good, but I'm annoyed that they keep winning" mindset.

Did I seem bitter???? not bitter here. they are good.

"they're really good, I admit they're really good, but I'm annoyed that they keep winning"

Your words not mine

Edited by Jonathan H

Ok, well then that begs the question....why?! Why choose abstract jazz? And that's assuming they even played much of the source material. I did catch 2 phrases of "La Suerte". 2 phases. Take your kick ### hornline and whail on it if you wanna bring the house down! Eh, I'm just annoyed...

Why play lame music that drum corps fans have heard a dozen times already? Why waste time with a Top Level hall of fame design team when you're just going to rehash another show? Why limit a kick ### hornline with just "whailing" (sic) when you can explore so many other musical concepts?

My first time seeing Blue Devils live. The show was boring to me, but everything they do is almost ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! The scores they've gotten over the season are justified in my opinion. It looks like we may be looking at BD getting number 14 on Saturday.