Quarterfinals Open Thread

Why not??

It's great that the Madison Scouts are playing a straight-forward, classic drum corps repertoire, something designed to bring fans up out of their seats. It's also great that the Blue Devils are playing a show for fans who want something a little more complicated. Diversity is a good thing, and between the twelve shows I'll see on Saturday night I'm bound to find some that I like, even if there are some that I don't. As long as you find enough shows that entertain you, why waste time being hostile toward the shows that don't?

Because it saddens me. Not hostile...hurt. As a horn guy, I was always in love with the Devils hornlines...especially as a lead. Some of my favorite shows have been BD shows. You're assuming I'm talking about just this show, but I'm not. I saw the paradigm shift for them happen in 1994. So this is 16 years in the making. It's just sad to me that they have strayed so far from who they've always been.

And this is NOT about the Scouts. Didn't bring them into it.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how about a perfect 20 for Blue Devils colorguard tonight ?

:lol:

And a :rolleyes: to the Bluecoats' guard as well!

Scratching my head over Crown's guard score... They're fielding one of the most musical, proficient guards this year. The spread between them and BD is surprising. Maybe they had an off night.

Why is the Blue Devil show considered so groundbreaking? I'm a newbie to the DCI world. I understand that the music may not be considered as listener friendly to some viewers as some of the other corps shows. But, other than that, why was it mentioned several times tonight as being groundbreaking, chance taking, etc? Having only been "exposed" to DCI for six years, IMHO, SCV drill and music is quite different from most corps. I'm not asking for a discussion of how clean, powerful, etc. BD is, but what is so groundbreakingly (is that even a word?) different between the two corps shows. Once again, not asking who is performing better, who should win, who is the crowd favorite, etc. Thanks.

No dissing corps please...they are all awesome. I found bits in each show tonight that I liked. Long live drum corps!!!

I just got back from the Cina-Cast

Okay So Crown ended there show with the girl from this years running off with the guy from last year as they played the end of Promise of Living (Which Connects the ending between last year and this year).

Cavies were on fire tonight, Showing was good.

Blue Devils were again perfect, but I still dont like the last two minutes.

Madison was loud, and So SO Good.

Phantom's show imo is one of the most beautiful things ever put on field.

Blue Coats were kinda Off tonight, but I'm not worried for tomorrow and Saturday.

Because it saddens me. Not hostile...hurt. As a horn guy, I was always in love with the Devils hornlines...especially as a lead. Some of my favorite shows have been BD shows. You're assuming I'm talking about just this show, but I'm not. I saw the paradigm shift for them happen in 1994. So this is 16 years in the making. It's just sad to me that they have strayed so far from who they've always been.

You're not alone.

You can't buy a BD cd anymore.

So it's 'the way they've been since 1994,' but it isn't "who they've always been"?

16 years is a long period, too long to claim it isn't a substantial part of "who they've always been"...