Who will be on top?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be on top?

• Blue Devils
    • The Cavaliers
    • Bluecoats
    • Carolina Crown
    • The Cadets

Just imagine how what you said comes off to a member..."I Totally respect you and your ability, but your show was a total cop out, and you only won because your show was so screwed up the judges could find your mistakes."

Signed,

A PROUD BD Alum!

Quit putting words in my mouth, and maybe we'll talk. Later.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with this for the most part. I HATE the BD show this year, I just don't find it entertaining at all.

Saying that though, they should be the 2010 champions. No corps out there is performing better than they are right now, which is why they should win it. The Cavaliers show is much more enjoyable and fan friendly but if you seriously think that they are doing a better job of performing their show compared to the BD then you must be crazy. They are clean but BD is just cleaner, bottom line.

As much as I hate to say it, the judges are right in having BD in first. They are the best drum corps this season and deserve that medal unless something happens to them finals night.

Wait, do they eran point on difficults as well as clean? :tongue::thumbup::thumbup:

My vote goes to BD because they have the best show and are executing it at an unbelievably high level.

However, I really do enjoy all of the above mentioned corps. Phenomenal top 5, to say the least!

Blue Devils, and to contrast the gentleman two posts above me, while I think the Cavies have a fine and impressive show this year (really enjoyed it), the Blue Devils have an insane package both musically and visually, have easily the most talented hornline, one of the most unique and exposed shows in a long time, and to top it all off, they're performing it at a level that I think is higher above the competition than the limited room at the top of score sheets allows for.

I agree with this. But, I really like this (BB's) show and their performance. In fact, I don't like limited scoring systems. BD's guard is the strongest, their hornline is amazing, but they can get limited by a cap, and with a 4th place percussion performance, things are going to continue to tighten,

Honestly after the seeing the performances and the scores tonight, I'm not 100% sure BD has this thing locked up anymore. I think BD will still win, but they only beat Cavies by 0.8 ..... and I saw and heard a significant amount of dirt in the Cavaliers..... and the Blue Devils seem about perfect. So I don't really see how BD can perform much better, while the Cavies could have a really "on" performance tomorrow and make it pretty close.

Having said that, if I were judging I would have BD up by 3-4 points over Cavies, but that's just me.... I'll leave it to the experts.

gotta to agree here. But, I have never thought that BD had it won. Too many bad things have happened in the not too distant past.

Even though I appreciate what BD does musically, their visual to me is a joke. It seems as if they are playing chicken with the judges to see how little they can do, and still pull off first place.

Seriously? Have you even seen the show yet?

Quit putting words in my mouth, and maybe we'll talk. Later.

Maybe you could clarify your words for me...I am a simple man and have trouble figuring out what you mean when you make such contradictory statements in the same post.

I just got back from the show tonight. I have to be totally honest. If the Cavaliers or Bluecoats pulled off a miraculous win, it would be the biggest injustice in the history of DCI.

I love the Bluecoats, and also love the Cavaliers show. Both corps were excellent tonight, but they are not even in the same ball park. People who know me know that I would not say this if it were not true. There is NO WAY that any one of the 2 through 5 corps should be within 3 points of BD. What I am seeing and hearing is just amazing and frankly never been equaled as far as I am concerned.

Just imagine how what you said comes off to a member..."I Totally respect you and your ability, but your show was a total cop out, and you only won because your show was so screwed up the judges could find your mistakes."

Signed,

A PROUD BD Alum!

i did it, but then again, it was to my best friend, and we're both fiercely competitive, so he knew to not take it too much to heart. :lookaround::laughing:

I have all the respect in the world for these guys and what they do, but I do feel this show is kind of a visual cop out. But I do really like what they're doing with the music, usually a beef with BD, but for sure not this year. What they've done with Kenton is very honest and very smart. I like it. Just not the visual part.