The Official DCI Finals Lounge

*sigh*

Why is it that people in favor of booing are so ###### sensitive to criticism of said action? Irony much? (It's like a schoolyard bully whining about a kid that hits back.) Sheesh.

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You buy a ticket to a show, you buy the right to boo. I don't agree that one SHOULD boo but you put your money down, you have the right to cheer or boo as you see fit. Simple as that.

Congratulations Blue Devils on your 14th title!

Congratulations every corps on a great effort this season!

What a night!

Congrats to BD on their 14th Championship.

Congrats to Cavies for making me fall in love with them again.

Congrats to Bluecoats on your medal finish.

Congrats to Crown (and prayers for the injured person).

Great job Cadets. Looking forward to what you bring next year.

Phantom won me over.

SCV great job tonight. Bring some excitement next year.

And great job to everyone else. Can't wait until next year!!

Responsibility?!?! A ticket buying spectator has the right to see the shows that they paid for, not to act like spoiled children and create an embarrassing scene.

Actually, they have the *right* to do both of those things. Does that make it a good thing to do? No. But they most certainly have the right.

Marching Music's MAJOR LEAGUE. I boo when a ref makes a bad call. I boo when an ump misses the tag. I boo when there's a penalty in hockey. I boo when my ex wife pulls in the driveway (wait that's not major league .. just major bummer).

I'm making a point (even though I don't agree with it). This is a classless system in America (unless you live in the Hampton's or someplace like it). So, why the call for everyone to be classy? Let them get their boo on. It's not like they can complain to the BD staff any other way. The people booing aren't supporters of that organization anyway and definitely aren't sending checks to them.

It's not like it was one loud mouth in the stands being a doof .......... it was enough people to be heard without mistake. Just like here on DCP. It's not one person causing a scene ........... there's a good percentage of people here on the Planet that didn't care for the BD offering this year either and have made point of posting about it (myself included). Most of them are also the firsts to post "I loves me some BD" (myself included). But that was yesteryear ... not what's going on now.

I think everyone has been pretty clear this year that it's not about BD winning ... it's about the show itself and where it's going from here. So, some idiots opened their mouth and booed. Big whoop. It's still America and that's their right. Kids or no kids as performers ............. and if it really meant that much to the activity to not boo in the presence of kids ... the designers would actually think about what their creating before they ask a kid to perform it and expect a warm welcome and a standing ovation.

NIGHT DCP! See you for the 2011 season (if there still is one ............)

This man hit the nail on the head. It's the big leagues. BD is not even a bunch of kids as much as they're a bunch of young adults (20, 21, 22). If someone is too thick skulled or insecure to realize that the booing is not a personal attack on their character but a groupthink statement of disapproval of the direction of the activity, it is their own fault. Booing is not my cup of tea either, but it is really the only way for the masses to make it known that something is fishy about a corps getting near-perfect repertoire scores for rolling out mirrors and chairs onto the field for the past two years. Performance scores, sure, they are solid gold, give them top honors, most talented kids in DCI... But the bottom is line is that 2-5 did harder (I have watched mid-season shows over and over and have numbers to prove that BD played 20% less than the rest of the top 5), more engaging shows , at a lower level of achievement sure, but that is the grey area that DCI has left open for debate for a while now, and that is why you hear booing. It has nothing to do with the kids and they should know that.

Responsibility?!?! A ticket buying spectator has the right to see the shows that they paid for, not to act like spoiled children and create an embarrassing scene.

The problem is they do have that right. Unless we change how America is and start "forcing" morals upon people we can only go by the law. I don't see any laws against booing.

( I'm all for hitting them with a cattle prod, but thats against the law)

I for one will be cranking BD 2010 in my car this year.

yeah. definitely. :smile:

Actually, they have the *right* to do both of those things. Does that make it a good thing to do? No. But they most certainly have the right.

I think they can be kicked out of the stadium if they misbehave, actually...and more should be, IMO.

You buy a ticket to a show, you buy the right to boo. I don't agree that one SHOULD boo but you put your money down, you have the right to cheer or boo as you see fit. Simple as that.

Sure...try that at the opera some time...