Official 2010 DCI Finals "Post Game" Thread . . .

Just got back from Lucas Oil. My mother agrees that this is our new annual corps trip. That was by far the coolest drum corps show I have been to. While I still don't like the music book, I understand the "You have to see it to appreciate it" I heard all summer about BD. I even moved down for the encore and WOW what power! Madison was just too much fun with the way they took the crowd. Anyone know why they were introduced as the "Madison Explorer Scouts"? As for Phantom? YES. Best night as a drum corps fan EVER. I can't wait to come back next year!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue Stars: How awesome were YOU? What a show you guys put on. Best mellos too. Wow.

That mello line was GREAT! It was my facebook status after the theatre broadcast. Good job Blue Stars for a really interesting, complex yet incredibly easy to understand, show that sounded good, looked good and entertained. You guys had a complete package. Depth, communication, concept, sound, look and entertainment value. Now, tell everyone else how you did it!

Loved it.

First of all, congratulations to BD. You've accomplished something that not many other corps have done - two undefeated seasons in a row.

Uh, what other corps were you thinking of that have had back-to-back undefeated seasons?

You didn't break any records, b

If BD was the first to do it, wouldn't that count as a record? :smile:

Just got back from Lucas Oil. My mother agrees that this is our new annual corps trip. That was by far the coolest drum corps show I have been to. While I still don't like the music book, I understand the "You have to see it to appreciate it" I heard all summer about BD. I even moved down for the encore and WOW what power! Madison was just too much fun with the way they took the crowd. Anyone know why they were introduced as the "Madison Explorer Scouts"? As for Phantom? YES. Best night as a drum corps fan EVER. I can't wait to come back next year!

I think that was their original name, and over time they just dropped the "Explorer" part (and they're probably an "explorer" post/group of the Boy Scouts"). Kind of a cool throw-back to their history, and a nice touch IMO.

The members of Madison are Explorer Scouts. That is their 'real' name...saying "Madison Scouts" is really a shortcut.

Uh, what other corps were you thinking of that have had back-to-back undefeated seasons?

"records" might've been referring to final score not breaking last year's BD score or Cadets & Cavaliers record high score.

Congrats to the Blue Devils for winning another championship.

Thank you, Cavaliers for fielding my favorite show of the season. I'll be watching and playing this show for many years to come!

Congrats, Bluecoats, for attaining your first medal. Your show looked like a blast to play; you were extremely entertaining.

Good job, CC, and I wish the injured member a successful recovery.

Thank you, The Cadets, for one of the most enjoyable shows of the night. Just riveting!

Thank you, Phantom Regiment, for the most beautiful show I've seen. You made my heart swell and my eyes tear up with your emotional delivery. Thank you, soloist. You rocked it tonight with power and grace. Beautiful playing.

Thank you, SCV, for fielding such a bold and musical show. You were dramatic and engaging. You were true to the music and you made it your own. You won me over as a fan of the show, and I look forward to the next musical exploration in 2011.

And to the other excellent corps, amazing! Just amazing! I was grateful to see you display your artistry and observe your dedication throughout te year And on Finals night. Can't wait until 2011, but thank you for giving me such great products!

Congrats to the Blue Devils for winning another championship.

Thank you, Cavaliers for fielding my favorite show of the season. I'll be watching and playing this show for many years to come!

Congrats, Bluecoats, for attaining your first medal. Your show looked like a blast to play; you were extremely entertaining.

Good job, CC, and I wish the injured member a successful recovery.

Thank you, The Cadets, for one of the most enjoyable shows of the night. Just riveting!

Thank you, Phantom Regiment, for the most beautiful show I've seen. You made my heart swell and my eyes tear up with your emotional delivery. Thank you, soloist. You rocked it tonight with power and grace. Beautiful playing.

Thank you, SCV, for fielding such a bold and musical show. You were dramatic and engaging. You were true to the music and you made it your own. You won me over as a fan of the show, and I look forward to the next musical exploration in 2011.

And to the other excellent corps, amazing! Just amazing! I was grateful to see you display your artistry and observe your dedication throughout te year And on Finals night. Can't wait until 2011, but thank you for giving me such great products!

Couldn't have said it better myself! What an incredible year for drum corps!

My bad - at the time of that post, I had thought that the Cavaliers had had two undefeated seasons before, but that was just me being stupid and posting based on assumptions. But yes, when I posted, the reference to not breaking any records was in fact a reference to the final score.