2010 Finals Booing?

Real fans don't boo.

so do real fans clap enthusiastically for every corps and show no matter what? I just don't agree with your argument on that one.

The silent treatment is the equivalent to booing in the performing arts.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shortened up your post for ya. I feel bad for you, truthfully that you can no longer enjoy an activity as enriching and precise as this. I hope you find something you like again someday.

And don't EVEN tell me "old" fans leaving the activity is a tragedy. They will be replaced, easily, ten-fold. If you could see the area I live in and how many band kids convert to Drum Corps-ism DAILY you would know dci is alive and well. Will be for a LONG time commin...

Also this isn't flamebait (at least any more than booing is...)

I think you missed my point, I am not going on about back in the day...ask yourself this question...how loud is the crowd from 12th to 1st place during finals at ANY point in ANY corps show. You see, my point is that the shows are boring EVEN while they are technically outstanding, they are boring. artistic, yes, exciitng, no. How often does the crowd leap from their feat at something that truly dazzles them as opposed to sitting and saying, wow that is great interpretive dance. Oh, and if I was blah blah blah back in the day blah blah blah, I would have added about amps, equipment, uniforms, company fronts......and I didn't. You just see someone say something about the difference about crowd reaction and instantly categorized my post.

So, here's the encapsulation for you.......Modern Drum Corps = Boredom while technically artistic and very well performed.

I also think that booing can hurt the members on the field. Maybe not in this case with BD, because they probably didn't even care.

Wow. I didn't realize kids these days are such weak kneed ninnies. Sorry to hear. Back in the day when we got booed, I don't remember anybody crying and having their feelings hurt. I do remember my peers laughing, because we understood why the booing was occurring. Is it possible we're not giving todays' kids enough credit that they might just possibly understand why the booing happens? I think they're just a little tougher than we think. It'll be okay, they'll toughen up, buttercup.

Life isn't all sunshine and fluffy bunnies. These performers are learning lots of lessons out there: such as, the crowd favorite doesn't always win. Life isn't fair. Sometimes....most of the time.... you need to learn to be satisfied that you tried your best - that's good enough. You're not gonna get positive reinforcement for everything you do out there in the big bad world. These life lessons are a good thing to learn.

Booing happened after Blue Devil's score was announced

So is it possible fans were booing BD's ridiculously LOW score?

so do real fans clap enthusiastically for every corps and show no matter what? I just don't agree with your argument on that one.

The silent treatment is the equivalent to booing in the performing arts.

Not to answer for other people but no you do not have to clap enthusiastically... Your silence would probably be appreciated :thumbup:

I came here to check out how the scores turned out and I find this? Really people? Booing the Blue Devils? Drum Corps has turned into something I don't even recognize anymore, i.e. G7, amps, elec/bass guitars, and now booing. It saddens me. The spirit of Drum Corps is lost.

I agree with you 100%. The booing might just be the best thing to happen to drum corp though...

Absolutely correct!! I remember marching into the stadium and being booed back in the 70's. Sky's fans booed Cabs, and Cabs fans booed Sky! What a trip!! :thumbup:

The problem is that today everyone is worried about being PC & not hurting anyone's feelings, like the little leagues who don't keep score because they don't want anyone to lose..."They're all winners"!!! Society in general has become soft...a bunch of pansies.

No booing??? Obviously none of you ever attended the old Dream contest in Jersey City...

Or '59 AL Nationals in Minneapolis!

Look, in a perfect World, a selected audience member would be given a microphone and say "Hey kids, we're about to "Boo", but it has nothing to do with your performance, It's intended to show our displeasure with results coming from a corrupt judging system. We "Boo" not because we don't comprehend your vision, but because the so-called "Judges" don't comprehend anything not in alignment with their preconceived bias. So congratulations to you all, and now may we "BOOOO!"

Rude, classless, BOOrish? Yes, but only in that it may actually hurt the performers. But as many have stated, if I have the Trophy, Medal, or Ring, I laugh at your "Booing"! I wish The Cavaliers had been able to pull off the upset of the year, but...

Hot ####, Blue Devils, you won last night! Congratulations!

I can honestly say I didn't hear any booing either, but I was out at the 20 yard line. Maybe the quality of sound of the "boos" was greater at the 50. If that's what an extra $40 (on top of the $85 that I paid) gets you, I'll pass. . . .

The lack of enthusiasm at the announcement of the champion was far more telling than any boos from the audience. It was just a totally different feel from any finals I have ever attended before.

yeah. I mean I've been vocal in my dislike of BD's show, but in my many trips to finals, I never saw the stands empty before the victory run like they did last night. But I never heard a boo and I was around the 35.

now i did hear more than a few comments in the concourse, but no actual booing