Carolina Crown's 2011 show?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about a show called "The Ecstasy of Gold", and it can be about either a) the gold rush, b) the western movie genre

1. It implies they're after the gold medal

2. They can keep those glorious gold horns

3. It gives them an excuse to play "The Ecstasy of Gold" by Ennio Morricone. Can't you just imagine how gorgeous that would be?

Or not...Its just an idea :thumbup:

I have never been fortunate enough to meet Dr. Jager, but colleagues have told me that he is a class act, through and through. I love Third Suite. Unfortunately, the way drum corps is now, the transparency of the composition would probably be completely destroyed in order to create high GE Music judge scoring. [debbiedowner.wav][/debbiedowner.wav]

Tech was very fortunate to have him on staff in the Music Department as well as having Dr. R. Winston Morris (the GOD of tuba).

YES! The greatest theory teacher ever! And one of the warmest people you could meet. He was part of a wonderful experience at Tennessee Tech.

Tech's such a great university with some amazing professors. I think Dr. Danner's teaching theory now, iirc.

I prefer the Lionel Ritchie show idea that was discussed earlier....lol

3rd Xs the Charm!

Program selections include:

Third Suite by Jager

Three's Company by Charles

Marcia Funebra from Eroica by Beethoven

Langsam—Ruhevoll—Empfunden from 3rd Symphony by Mahler

That piece is hilarious... I think it's more of a Cadets thing- what with them doing the march on the field this year and all that, or in Open Class, VK or Impulse

Crown already has their 2011 show title

"CMFC FOREVER! FTBD!" :thumbup::thumbup:

Show title: Three vicis somes tractus -

Edited: I don't know Latin - I used a translator program. I input "Three times the body movement" and it spit out "Three vicis somes tractus"...

Afer a moment I put that back into the translator - to English and it spit out "Three time body a dragging"... So - not such a great show title. :thumbup:

Edited by SFZFAN