Congrats to 2010 Blue Knights

I am so proud of you guys BK!! You have made yourselves accessible for all to enjoy and did so with a fantastic product. Year to year you are always competitive and perform well. This year may have done more for recruiting/retention and endearing yourselves to fans than any other! You guys deserved to score a little higher, but scores aside you're the best 11th place corps I've ever seen and got the best crowd response in quite a long time. I cannot wait to see what you're going to do for next season and hope that all you vets will stay with Denver. With the talent and the levels you perform with now you will be flat out awe inspiring for next season!!! WAY TO GO BK, LOVE YOU!!! I GO ON!!!

Wesley Perkins

Blue Knights Lead Sop/soloist '97, '98 and Biggest BK HONK EVER!!!!! :thumbup:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the show this year BK. I enjoyed the heck out of it. Farandole was fantastic! I could have done without some of the solo interpretive dance/body movement by the horn member, but otherwise, I very much enjoyed you guys. Keep it up!

I am so proud of you guys BK!! You have made yourselves accessible for all to enjoy and did so with a fantastic product. Year to year you are always competitive and perform well. This year may have done more for recruiting/retention and endearing yourselves to fans than any other! You guys deserved to score a little higher, but scores aside you're the best 11th place corps I've ever seen and got the best crowd response in quite a long time. I cannot wait to see what you're going to do for next season and hope that all you vets will stay with Denver. With the talent and the levels you perform with now you will be flat out awe inspiring for next season!!! WAY TO GO BK, LOVE YOU!!! I GO ON!!!

Wesley Perkins

I agree Wes......I do not think the two corps ahead of them were that far ahead (interesting how when there are less corps before you that your score keeps going down)....Their finals performance was fantastic and the cleanest all season(of course some of those performances via FN). I was able to see the guard walking to the stadium last nite and I was able to tell then how much I appreciated this year's show. I wore my Blue Knight shirt proudly last nite.

I wouldn't say they are the best 11th place corps ever but I will say this years show was my favorite BK show ever.

I wouldn't say they are the best 11th place corps ever but I will say this years show was my favorite BK show ever.

Fair enough, fair enough how about one of the best 11th place corps ever.... ha ha ha

WP

A great show and performance for an 11th place finish. My only regret is that the judges didn't have the backbone to continue to reward this show (with their numbers). The finals night deflation of scores does not give this corps it's due place in the history of DCI. Meaning, I agree with the placement but not the number given. It was an 89+ show .. maybe even a 90 even by last years standards.

Judges: BOOO

Blue Knights: Standing Ovation!!!!!!!!

Wesley Perkins

I'm a sucker for Farandole....Absolutely loved it!!!! One of my favorites for sure! I loved that piece of music since about 1987 when I first heard and played it.

Even though you guys were my arch enemy when I marched (bias)...lol..I absolutely LOVED your show this year. I really think you guys along with BAC and Madison were ALL underscored this season. Though this is true, being a HIGH scoring 11th place show just shows the incredible work by the staff and the great talent and WONDERFUL products that are being put out. I don't ever remember the field being this tight competitively. Yes..other years I liked more shows over the last 25, but not from a competitive standpoint.

I'm also proud of their work! Don't change a thing!!! Except maybe winning a championship :)

A great show and performance for an 11th place finish. My only regret is that the judges didn't have the backbone to continue to reward this show (with their numbers). The finals night deflation of scores does not give this corps it's due place in the history of DCI. Meaning, I agree with the placement but not the number given. It was an 89+ show .. maybe even a 90 even by last years standards.

Judges: BOOO

Blue Knights: Standing Ovation!!!!!!!!

Best Post Ever

Here is a army of worshipers!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Wes P

While it's not the best-ever 11th place show in terms of the score, it's definitely MY favorite 11th place show of all time! Bravo to the Blue Knights for putting out an all-around fantastic show this season! You guys proved that you don't need to have a story for people to enjoy a show - all you need is good, hummable, LOUD music! Way to go, BK!