Madison Scouts 2011

Very much looking forward to what this show can bring. Both Michael C and Dan Potter had very nice things to say about it. This could turn out to be one of the most outstanding shows of the summer.

• Like 2

Don't forget, Madison has it's first show on June 21, in Indianapolis. Only 4 corps, but 3 of them are Madison, Troopers and Pioneer. Will be on the 50 yard line for Madison's first show of the year. Really interested in seeing how Pioneer is doing as well as the Troopers after the bus accident.

Scouts are gonna take it all

While that would unprecedented in the modern drum corps era and would be awesome, it's highly unlikely. But then again, we can dream. :thumbup:

Scouts are gonna take it all

Haha! Wrong Green team! tongue.gif

Seriously, I think Madison is going to improve a ton.

haha

How will it even be possible for anyone not already in the TOC (ah, even if Madison IS an actual champion) to break into (say) the top 6? Answer, it is not possible. We can just settle in on being a healthy cell in a deseased organism.

• Like 1

How will it even be possible for anyone not already in the TOC (ah, even if Madison IS an actual champion) to break into (say) the top 6? Answer, it is not possible. We can just settle in on being a healthy cell in a deseased organism.

No way...

Scouts will be able to break into the top for sure! They have the history and current members to do it. Remember, they went from 6th to first from '87 - '88. That could have easily been 8th to first as well based on the Prelims '88 scores. They also went from 14th to 8th from 2002 - 2003. Finally, they went from 15th - 10th during '09 - '10.

They could jump right back into the thick of things this year, depending on the progress made during the off season and the show design. I'd say 6th-4th are absolutely possible this coming year. thumbup.gif

I don't think they have a possibility of winning, but they could definitely be a TOC corps if they would even accept the moniker.

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1

First off, i was being sarcastic and trying to be a little optimistic.

Second, It's not impossible for them to break into the top 6. I'm personally not a Scouts fan, but they have a lot of people including the judges on their side wanting them to succeed. Once you have them, then your goals are easily attainable (Phantom 2008).

All you have to do is be undeniable.

Edited by ihatechewis08
  • Like 3

No way...

Scouts will be able to break into the top for sure! They have the history and current members to do it. Remember, they went from 6th to first from '87 - '88. That could have easily been 8th to first as well based on the Prelims '88 scores. They also went from 14th to 8th from 2002 - 2003. Finally, they went from 15th - 10th during '09 - '10.

They could jump right back into the thick of things this year, depending on the progress made during the off season and the show design. I'd say 6th-4th are absolutely possible this coming year. thumbup.gif

I don't think they have a possibility of winning, but they could definitely be a TOC corps if they would even accept the moniker.

The current top 8 (don't start please) will be pretty tough to break into, although it could very well happen. But who cares how they place? Just put on a show like last year and you'll have the fans hearts captured, and that's all that REALLY matters........right?

Edited by DrumManTx