Madison Scouts 2011

For those of you that have been fotunate to visit the Scouts camp: What are the drumline numbers?

The picture I saw looked like 5 Basses, 7 Snares, and 4 Tenors. Seems small for them as they usually go 5-9-5.

Please tell me they didn't shrink the battery!

• Like 1

It is our intention to march 5-9-5 although we've been dealing with some nagging injuries in those sections during spring training. When you see photos at this time of year, there are all sorts of reasons that guys may not be in the line. During mid-week some younger guys are finishing up high school. Sometimes somebody sits on the sideline to attend to an injury. Don't read too much into spring training photos. Lots of changes and lots of people moving in and out.

Chris Komnick

Executive Director

Madison Scouts

For those of you that have been fotunate to visit the Scouts camp: What are the drumline numbers?

The picture I saw looked like 5 Basses, 7 Snares, and 4 Tenors. Seems small for them as they usually go 5-9-5.

Please tell me they didn't shrink the battery!

• Like 3

It is our intention to march 5-9-5 although we've been dealing with some nagging injuries in those sections during spring training. When you see photos at this time of year, there are all sorts of reasons that guys may not be in the line. During mid-week some younger guys are finishing up high school. Sometimes somebody sits on the sideline to attend to an injury. Don't read too much into spring training photos. Lots of changes and lots of people moving in and out.

Chris Komnick

Executive Director

Madison Scouts

I was hoping that was exactly the case! Thanks!

• Like 1

Ya I know that there is for sure one high schooler that probably isn't in the pictures because wisconsin high schools haven't let out yet. Plus as awesome as the facilities are for Scouts I know that some of the areas they need to train on are a bit bumpy. But I'm sure the numbers will even out and bring out the powerful sound we loved last year.

• Like 1

I guess Jerseyboy you will have to do like everyone else and go to camp! If you really want to know, thats all you have to do. Pretty simple! Or take this, turned up to max., then vision how year 2 will be, pretty sweet! 2011 is gonna be GREAT! Get fired up people the season is almost here.

GO MADISON SCOUTS!

Cant wait.

looking for a great 2011 by all.

• Like 1

Really wish I could've stuck with the Scouts.

But my back just can't handle the rigors of drum corps.

Definitely excited to see what hits the field.

• Like 1

Well, we're going to be again marching 20 tubas! This weekend we were all here, but some have gone back to school. As far as I'm aware, the new sop player is doing fine... Unfortunately can't say more myself because I'm not privy to all high-brass land. I, myself, had 3 brats and it was like a little taste of home. How could a true Wisconsin corps not have brats? Traditionally there would also be beer as well, but we obviously had to make an exception to that....

I think you 20 are doing something special, last year you all were on fire. Keep up the good work.

Edited by thirdcoast

Just relaying some minor stuff from Scouts' facebook. Nothing too serious yet, but it sounds like we'll get some goodies come soon :thumbup: :

"Just getting a sense of our video capabilities for spring training. Here's just a fun little teaser test video shot during our April camp. Our video intern can start working on some content this upcoming week, so stayed tune."

-

This viral video, shot during April camp, is a teaser for the upcoming 2011 season. This is a frantic, fast-motion glimpse to show preparation.

http://vimeo.com/24631870

---

And when one of the fans asked about the closer, here's the answer they got:

Madison Scouts: "We will definitely tell you by June 21st. It's not that we are trying to make it a surprise, but we really are making sure our licensing is in place before announcing."

• Like 2

Just relaying some minor stuff from Scouts' facebook. Nothing too serious yet, but it sounds like we'll get some goodies come soon :thumbup: :

"Just getting a sense of our video capabilities for spring training. Here's just a fun little teaser test video shot during our April camp. Our video intern can start working on some content this upcoming week, so stayed tune."

-

This viral video, shot during April camp, is a teaser for the upcoming 2011 season. This is a frantic, fast-motion glimpse to show preparation.

---

Madison Scouts: "We will definitely tell you by June 21st. It's not that we are trying to make it a surprise, but we really are making sure our licensing is in place before announcing."

Edited by thirdcoast

-

---

Edited by thirdcoast