Madison Scouts 2011

How did the Director who replace Stewart do??? Not good at all...

I think this is starting to get off-topic at this point. It's also worth pointing out that not every "Corps Director" is the same kind of director that George Hopkins is -- e.g. in the 2011 Madison Scouts, Dann Petersen (corps director) doesn't design the show, Jim Mason does.

I trust that the Scouts administration will do what is wisest when they break into the top 8 if the ToC is even still around. But based on what Mr. Mason has said before and the inherent flaws in the design, I doubt it.

Even if it ain’t all it seems, I got a pocketful of dreams

Baby, I'm from New York

Concrete jungle where dreams are made of

There's nothing you can't do

Now you're in New York

These streets will make you feel brand new

Big lights will inspire you

Hear it for New York, New York, New York!

On the avenue, there ain't never a curfew, ladies work so hard

Such a melting pot, on the corner selling rock, preachers pray to God

Hail a gypsy cab, takes me down from Harlem to the Brooklyn Bridge

Some will sleep tonight with a hunger far more than an empty fridge

I'm gonna make it by any means, I got a pocketful of dreams

Baby, I'm from New York

Concrete jungle where dreams are made of

There's nothing you can't do

Now you're in New York

These street will make you feel brand new

Big lights will inspire you

Hear it for New York, New York, New York! :cool:

• Like 4

About which part?

If you go by the name they have put on these 8 groups ,"Tourney of Champions ", Madison would belong and some in the group do not. I do not think Madison will be joining this group after finishing in the top 8 this year.

Edited by Bill L.
  • Like 1

If you go by the name they have put on these 8 groups ,"Tourney of Champions ", Madison would belong and some in the group do not. I do not think Madison will be joining this group after finishing in the top 8 this year.

I would be willing to bet money you are wrong. Of course if they don't finish in the top eight we'll never know.

• Like 1

I would be willing to bet money you are wrong. Of course if they don't finish in the top eight we'll never know.

You must not have seen how strong they were last year, and that the design team, with Robert W. Smith replacing Jim Prime, is the same. The staff is virtually the same.

Do you really think that having that type of consistency, plus incredible eligible membership retention, and a program that is brilliant is not going to be successful?

I truly would LOVE to know where your thoughts come from. I'm going to go ahead and base mine off of what happened from 2009 to 2010. Maybe I'm wrong though.

• Like 2

You must not have seen how strong they were last year, and that the design team, with Robert W. Smith replacing Jim Prime, is the same. The staff is virtually the same.

Do you really think that having that type of consistency, plus incredible eligible membership retention, and a program that is brilliant is not going to be successful?

I truly would LOVE to know where your thoughts come from. I'm going to go ahead and base mine off of what happened from 2009 to 2010. Maybe I'm wrong though.

I'm with you. Jim Prime is the best, imho, but Smith's older work ( Suncoast Sound) is absolutely incredible too. I'm thinking that they surge to a higher placement this year for sure.

Right on bro, I appreciate your love for the Scouts and I feel the same way about my team (if Scouts beat Blue Stars this year it would be bittersweet for sure, they were the first corps I ever loved).

Right on bro, I appreciate your love for the Scouts and I feel the same way about my team (if Scouts beat Blue Stars this year it would be bittersweet for sure, they were the first corps I ever loved).

...and who says that a Scouts gain would be a Stars loss? Maybe they BOTH surge this year!?!

The TOC will have at least one... possibly 2 or 3 others...that will qualify for the TOC for next year, but my prediction will be that they will say " Thank You, but we've decided to pass on the invite ".

The financial costs for this years TOC participation will make it so. Its a bridge too far, imo. But who knows, we'll see.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

...and who says that a Scouts gain would be a Stars loss? Maybe they BOTH surge this year!?!

WORD! I could totally see Scouts in 7-8 or Blue Stars in 6-7. Pretty sure it's going to be a nail biting year.