Madison Scouts 2011

Which is too bad. The Blue Stars where always a classy organization in my day. And REALLY good too. I wish them nothing but success!

They still are!

• Like 2

Not necessarily. It's all about the words you use. I do see a rise in Blue Stars honks feeling the need to crap on the Scout's newfound success this year though.

I don't think they have been crapping on the Scout's newfound success. I think they have been responding to the comments made by multiple posters on this thread that have said the Blue Stars are "done for" in regards to competing with the Scouts after 1 early season show! They have only went head-to-head one time this season! I think after a few more head-to-head match ups and a regional or two there will be a much clearer idea of where these two corps stand in regards to one another.

If one show determines how the season goes I would like to be the first to congratulate Crown on their 2011 Championship!

They still are!

Awesome! Good to hear. One shouldn't take a small sample of voices from a site like this as being representative of an oreganization.

There are quite a few Blue Star alumni here in the Twin Cities. All of them that I have met are very nice folks. :thumbup:

I don't think they have been crapping on the Scout's newfound success. I think they have been responding to the comments made by multiple posters on this thread that have said the Blue Stars are "done for" in regards to competing with the Scouts after 1 early season show! They have only went head-to-head one time this season! I think after a few more head-to-head match ups and a regional or two there will be a much clearer idea of where these two corps stand in regards to one another.

If one show determines how the season goes I would like to be the first to congratulate Crown on their 2011 Championship!

Can you please show where the comment about the Blue Stars being "done for" is? I've not seen it. If someone has said that, then they, not the Scouts organization, should be called to the mat for it, because that shouldn't be what any of us is about.

There are comments on June 25th that pretty much say the Blue Stars are done for after getting beat by 2 points in Muncie. I would to make it clear that I was in no way calling out the Madison Scouts organization for those comments. Those comments were made by individual members on DCP, not by anyone from within the Scouts.

To call the Madison Scouts orginization anything but classy would be calling the members and current staff out and if you take a look at where the current staff have previously taught, their influence has had an impact on those corps as well. So if the current staff at Madison makes them anything but classy, the same would be true for all the other corps these staff members have worked with....

The back and forth was fun for a while, then unfortunately people started taking comments WAY too personally. I'm happy to disengage from the fray and let things play themselves out. Congrats to the Scouts on their successes so far this year.

First of all, yes, you ARE "hating". Just like that boywonder guy (perhaps even worse than him). Second of all, the 9/11 portrayal...."offensive"? I guess that would also mean that any movie, any doccumentary and any book that either tells or portrays a story about the 9/11 event would also be offensive. And let's not stop there. How about our history books? Guess we should call all of the school boards and tell them to remove any indicator of 9/11, the Gulf War, Vietnam war. Speaking of those, let's boycott informative (yet graphic) films like Shindlers list. Heaven forbid we EVER portray an event where millions of people have lost their lives. Yes, I know, it's reality. But forget reality. We don't want to face reality. We want to live in a bubble where we are never reminded of those who have lost lives in our many wars. Yes folks, eliminate any memory of harsh reality. We don't like reality...just like how the above poster does not like the reality that Madison is beating his favorite corps(s).

Does this sound about right, "liebot"? By the way, that's a very appropriate name for you. "LIEbot" because clearly, you are desiring to ignore the real world around you and live in a rosy looking "lie". Maybe you should move to your own island so that you can be blind to war (and drum corps beating drum corps you like).

Ok, now seriously. 9/11 is an event that REALLY happened. What would be more offensive than doing a drum corps show ABOUT 9/11 is FORGETTING what happened on that day...which sadly, is what a lot of people in this country have done.

Put THAT post in your pipe and light it!

For the record, I just don't think that a drum corps show is the most appropriate medium in which we should commemorate 9/11. That's my only real point. That and I thought their depiction of it (the pointing at the sky, fake crying, etc.) was kind of overwrought. I have the same feelings about Cadets '02, although I didn't actually see that show live.

And, if it makes you guys feel any better, I'd be happy to change my evaluation of the New York, New York hit from "it's crappy" to "I didn't care for the arrangement and the transition into it seemed very stilted and ineffective." I'm not really sure the connotation of the two statements is that different, though. I did not enjoy that moment of the show. Or any of the other moments, really, except for ESoM, which I thought was fantastic. So sue me.

Edited by liebot
  • Like 3

Not necessarily. It's all about the words you use. I do see a rise in Blue Stars honks feeling the need to crap on the Scout's newfound success this year though.

I have absolutely no connection with the Blue Stars organization. In fact I was never really a fan of them because of interactions I had with them in their days in Div 2/3.

There are comments on June 25th that pretty much say the Blue Stars are done for after getting beat by 2 points in Muncie. I would to make it clear that I was in no way calling out the Madison Scouts organization for those comments. Those comments were made by individual members on DCP, not by anyone from within the Scouts.

To call the Madison Scouts orginization anything but classy would be calling the members and current staff out and if you take a look at where the current staff have previously taught, their influence has had an impact on those corps as well. So if the current staff at Madison makes them anything but classy, the same would be true for all the other corps these staff members have worked with....

I would say you have a point. Some of my brethren could find some better ways to express their excitement in catching up to a corps that successfully rebuilt themselves (thus providing a road map for others), and are enjoying some well deserved success.

I would also say that there where quite a few nasty comments back and forth in the June 25 time frame that ALL of us should aspire to be better than.

Edited by Roark1