Madison Scouts 2011

Any word on Madison's staff for 2012 yet? Really interested to know if the brass staff (i.e., Van Doren, Green etc.) will be back next year. They've created such an awesome sound! :worthy:

I agree, their brass sound was pretty ####### amazing.

Edited by BozzlyB

So, that doesn't explain why nearly everyone in my eyeline at Semi-finals was out of their seat when Madison started coming out of the tunnel. No need to stand to see the end of the show - because it hadn't even started yet. (My eye-line was from the top row of the 200 section).

normally, between corps, people stand up to stretch, I know i do. so seeing people standing as a corps comes out of the tunnel is probably something you'd see if you looked up when every corps was entering the field.

And as for my previous post, I just happened to be reading this thread and saw someone's comment stating that those who have said madisoon's show wasn't all that were probably in the crowd standing on finals night. I was just putting into perspective why someone who might otherwise not be inclined to stand for a particular show was forced to in order to see it if those in front of them stood. Doesn't mean they liked the show or not, just that they wanted to see what they had paid to see.

And as for the comment regarding corps who beat scouts not being as entertaining, I guess that is all based on perspective. I found the end of Bluecoats show much more entertaining then the end of Scouts show. I found the middle of scouts show more entertaining than the middle of bluecoats show, and I found the beginning of Bluecoats show more entertaining than the beginning of scouts show.

I personnally also found the Glassmen's show more entertaining than the Blue Stars, Madison Scouts, and SCV, and the middle of Coats show.

Yeah I'm a big Bluecoats homer, but I will admit when the show isn't up to snuff. This year they had a great opener, and a great closer, but the middle of the show just didn't work. they performed the hell out of it, and I still think they and Boston should have both beaten SCV but that is personal tastes I guess.

• Like 3

Any word on Madison's staff for 2012 yet? Really interested to know if the brass staff (i.e., Van Doren, Green etc.) will be back next year. They've created such an awesome sound! :worthy:

I'm fairly sure the staff will mostly stay the same, but nothing is certain!

normally, between corps, people stand up to stretch, I know i do. so seeing people standing as a corps comes out of the tunnel is probably something you'd see if you looked up when every corps was entering the field.

And as for my previous post, I just happened to be reading this thread and saw someone's comment stating that those who have said madisoon's show wasn't all that were probably in the crowd standing on finals night. I was just putting into perspective why someone who might otherwise not be inclined to stand for a particular show was forced to in order to see it if those in front of them stood. Doesn't mean they liked the show or not, just that they wanted to see what they had paid to see.

And as for the comment regarding corps who beat scouts not being as entertaining, I guess that is all based on perspective. I found the end of Bluecoats show much more entertaining then the end of Scouts show. I found the middle of scouts show more entertaining than the middle of bluecoats show, and I found the beginning of Bluecoats show more entertaining than the beginning of scouts show.

I personnally also found the Glassmen's show more entertaining than the Blue Stars, Madison Scouts, and SCV, and the middle of Coats show.

Yeah I'm a big Bluecoats homer, but I will admit when the show isn't up to snuff. This year they had a great opener, and a great closer, but the middle of the show just didn't work. they performed the hell out of it, and I still think they and Boston should have both beaten SCV but that is personal tastes I guess.

Never, ever said that. I loved Scouts program - but rooted for Cadets all the way. And - corps that Madison beat were just as entertaining - downloaded Crossmen this weekend.

Edited by WIS

Ugh... Gawd some things will never change. Here's hoping at some time in the near future Scouts fans realize this is a public board regardless of what you title the thread. You want blind homerism free of dissenting opinion, I suggest you lobby the Scouts to put a alumni forum on their website, there was absolutely nothing about Bluecoats88 post that was uncalled for, sorry it didn't resonate with your inaccurate world view that everyone finds the Scouts amazing.

?

• Like 6

I saw them in allentown, and although alot of people around me stood, my brother and I didn't feel the urge to stand and lucky for us we were in the first row of the upper deck that they sell, so there was noone standing in front of us to block our view.

If I had been behind people that stood I would have been forced to stand in order to see the show and not because I had wanted to. So if I had been at finals and standing it wouldn't have been by choice, but only because I wanted to be able to see what I had paid to see.

?

• Like 2

Standard response from homers of corps who score higher but don't generate anywhere the same crowd response. Expected, but still kind of sad.

:smile:

• Like 3

Ugh... Gawd some things will never change. Here's hoping at some time in the near future Scouts fans realize this is a public board regardless of what you title the thread. You want blind homerism free of dissenting opinion, I suggest you lobby the Scouts to put a alumni forum on their website, there was absolutely nothing about Bluecoats88 post that was uncalled for, sorry it didn't resonate with your inaccurate world view that everyone finds the Scouts amazing.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Wow! you are progressing! 4 whole sentences without mentioning your Blue Stars! Way to GO! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• Like 2