• 2003-Harmonic Journey
    • 2004-Apasionada 874
    • 2005-Rhapsody
    • 2006-Faust
    • 2007-On Air
    • 2008-Spartacus
    • 2009-The Red Violin
    • 2010-Into the Light

Had to go with Harmonic Journey. I know before voting that Spartacus will be the clear winner of this poll ......... but 2003 was epic from a musical standpoint. I could listen to that show nonstop 24-7 and never get tired of it.

1. Faust – Dark and powerful with a suspenseful ending. Gorgeous.

2. Harmonic Journey – Most beautiful arrangement and and so much emotion from the musician.

3. Spartacus – No quite as strong musically however, their best overall package top to bottom

4a. On Air – very underrated, powerful and a joy to listen to.

4b. Into the Light - Beautiful. Will be viewed by many as underrated after a few years

5. Rhapsody – Fun, but different (this is a successful example of Phantom stepping out of the box)

6. Virtuoso – Very good music. Strong, powerful ending!

7. Apasionada 874 – Very technically interesting music, first half not a strong as the second half.

8. Masters of Mystique – Have found myself listening to this show on a far more regular basis than initially.

9. Heroic Sketches – Just not very well put together.

10. Red Violin – (this is a disastrous example of Phantom stepping out of the box).

I find myself listing to all but the final two shows on a regular bases, depending my mood or company I am with. If the final two shows were burnt to CD's, I would use them as a coaster. The musicians did everything they could for those two shows and I applaud them however design of the shows themselves are not something I enjoy.

Had to go with Harmonic Journey. I know before voting that Spartacus will be the clear winner of this poll ......... but 2003 was epic from a musical standpoint. I could listen to that show nonstop 24-7 and never get tired of it.

I could not possibly agree more.

2003 wins by a wide, wide margin. If the poll were for the greatest musical performance of the decade by any corps my answer might be the same.

A decade is equal to 10 years.

There are 11 choices.

My head asplode.

---

2006 Faust by a long shot. Visual and Musical GE was MUCH better. (I think they actually won Visual GE that year).

Yeah, 08 was awesome; but as a whole I feel like Faust is miles ahead of Spartacus.

I was seriously going to say almost word for word this post including the decade is 10 years, faust is by far my favorite and that I'd take it over spartacus any day.

I was seriously going to say almost word for word this post including the decade is 10 years, faust is by far my favorite and that I'd take it over spartacus any day.

I already said it, and I'll say it again. ^^^^

This is likened to the BD and Crown threads of similar nature.

Vote for your favorite and discuss.

For Me:

1. 2003 Harmonic Journey

This was the first DCI show I had ever seen, and thus, will always hold a special place in my mind. It's hard to argue with their beautiful renditions of Sanctus. :w00t:. May not be the cleanest show ever but #### can they play.

2. 2006 Faust

Introduced me to some wonderful orchestral music that I most likely would not have discovered for some time. Great arrangements from Mr. Shaw as usual.

3. 2008 Spartacus

Hard for me to watch this show and not want to stand up and cheer at the end of this show. Some of my favorite theatrics ever in a corps show.

4. 2010 Into The Light

Just pure beauty at the beginning and the end. The "conflict" section in between adds a really nice contrast. Hated this show when I first saw it on FN, but after seeing it live, I'm head over heels.

5. 2007 On Air

Some more great music and one of my favorite ballads of all time. Nice visuals as well.

6. 2005 Rhapsody

Who doesn't love Gershwin? Really cool to see American Paris put on the field. One of their "lighter" shows of the decade, IMO.

7. 2000 The Masters of Mystique

This show is probably higher for me than most people, simply because Igor Fyodorovich Stravinsky is one of my favorite composers ever. Not too hot on the unis this year. :cool:

8. 2002 Heroic Sketches

Another one of my favorite composers is featured by my favorite corps!

9. 2004 Apasionada 874

10. 2009 The Red Violin

11. 2001 Virtuoso

I would actually rank them exactly as you have them here.

Sorry about the 11 choices!

I just liked the show this year and wanted to include it.

I also felt the need to include it because all of these "decade" threads started after this season, not last season.

Again sorry.

Don't hit the DCP noob! (me) :cool: