Pioneer

But more to the point. Why doesn't Roman post a list of what's been done in the past 5 years to improve the corps.

New brass - check

New uniforms - check

Instructors - well partial check...can't seem to get a solid staff together

What else?

An interesting note. Pioneer is sending e-mails to their MMs from 2010 asking them their opinion as to what needs to be done to improve the corps. I think this is a positive step and hope they get a lot of response and act positively on the suggestions.

Maybe all of the discussion on DCP is getting the interest of all involved. No one involved with Pioneer enters a season wanting to finish last. The kids that march, by and large, are pretty intelligent and have many ideas about how to improve the corps. Good idea, Pioneer.

Here's my radical idea that I think can be achieved.

Fiftieth Anniversary Special

50% off 2011 Tour Fees

Encourage potential members to honor at least a two year contract. No "rook-outs".

Current age-outs march free.

Save 10-15 positions for international and/or inexperienced members.

How is this accomplished?

Add 1 or 2 more days of bingo. Currently, Pioneer holds two sessions at a senior center. Really? How productive is that?

Determine how much each potential donor can give and ask for it. Politely, firmly and unequivocally.

Go after as much foundation money as you can. Exploit the 50th anniversary serving youth at every chance. Foundation boards want to be a part of something successful.

Please add any other ideas on how this could work.

Remember, this is about how Pioneer could make it work.

If the word "can't" is in your vocabulary, please refrain from opining.

There isn't a corps in any era who could afford me.

Sorry.

or want you?

:tongue:

Here's my radical idea that I think can be achieved.

Fiftieth Anniversary Special

50% off 2011 Tour Fees

Encourage potential members to honor at least a two year contract. No "rook-outs".

Current age-outs march free.

Save 10-15 positions for international and/or inexperienced members.

How is this accomplished?

Add 1 or 2 more days of bingo. Currently, Pioneer holds two sessions at a senior center. Really? How productive is that?

Determine how much each potential donor can give and ask for it. Politely, firmly and unequivocally.

Go after as much foundation money as you can. Exploit the 50th anniversary serving youth at every chance. Foundation boards want to be a part of something successful.

Please add any other ideas on how this could work.

Remember, this is about how Pioneer could make it work.

If the word "can't" is in your vocabulary, please refrain from opining.

can they guarantee enough people to run the sessions?

Maybe Pioneer should go all age and join DCA!

Is that supposed to be sarcasm because it was poorly executed? Pioneer is fine where they are in case after two statements of it you have missed my point.

I want to be part of the solution..

The "better every day" motto, ever since my time with the Pioneer DCI div 2 world championship drumline in 96, has been taken deep to my heart, and commercially applied.

Look at how good the corps was from 94-2000... in 2000 the corps finished 16th.. however if you look at history, you know that Pioneer was 14th all summer long in 96 till that very last week, as a div 2 corps. There are people that will tell you today that we were good enough for Saturday night, esp since our percussion program was spanking serious div 1 ###. Sorry fellow alum from that year, my pride from that line prob appears cocky and very biased towards our section. :thumbup::thumbup: Anyhow, WE as a corps got spanked by the system and knocked down to 20th and 2nd, which was a COMPLETE insult, but I guess DCI didnt want us to have a 3-peat in DIV 2. hmmmm???? In 96, Blue Stars were div 3. Keep that in mind. :thumbup: I'm going to be 35 this winter. I don't want to be 45 in ten years talking about excuses. I'd rather be talking about how Pioneer won DCI, by becoming a major force once again. Considering the percussion programs success in 96 will be on my tombstone, I'd like to be sitting across the table from Roman at Pioneer land ASAP, making a plan, or at least let me pitch one please. So much time is passing. I'm not asking about being the snare, tenor or bass tech, I outgrew that by 23, not talking about being percussion caption head, I outgrew that by 28ish, I want my hands in the entire cookie jar! :tongue:

I want to come home and help. My life as a commercial performer with a degree in music business is constantly about doing what it takes to put up numbers to survive. This is what I have to offer, to share my passion of daily winning. It's a drug to me, and I want to get Pioneer hooked on it.

I'd like to be part of the solution that gets Pioneer into Saturday night finals within three years.

The pain of loosing, and the joy of winning. It's been 14 years. I have to wake up and win everyday and have no choice but to win. I want to help Pioneer feel that again.

The only thing that would really concern me if I were looking at the corps ior a parent would be the situation with the busses. Make sure those are fully functioning to deal with the heat- in this day and age, that's got to be addressed.

Otherwise, the corps appears to be functioning pretty much to the vision and mission the managment desires it to function. I've read the comments about the unis and some of the other oddities regarding the corps, but I'll side with those who believe that having a distinctive character and individuality is more a positive than a negative.

I think it's as much the fans wish the corps would finish higher because they do take the high road on certain principles, and it seems when they do, it hurts more than helps. Again, it depends on whether oine believes fulfillnig your mission statement is more important than your finish on championship weekend. Both may be very exclusive to one another.