What direction will BD take in 2011?

Topic title: What direction will BD take in 2011?, Engage or frustrate?

If the recent past is any indication, the corps will engage the audience with either their entertainment value and/or unparalleled excellence and frustrate the corps unable to match or top their scores.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the recent past is any indication, the corps will engage the audience with either their entertainment value and/or unparalleled excellence and frustrate the corps unable to match or top their scores.

it's possible.

This man needs to be President! He's two mints in one!!

There's no doubt the most talked about show this past season has been "Through a glass darkly" by the Blue Devils.

Here on DCP the majority of BD fans liked it and the majority of all other fans disliked it. Personally I was somewhere in the middle.... once I have digested my thoughts I will attempt a finals review.

My question is, will their staff give us another "progressive" show that's capable of winning or give us a show that's also capable of winning but keeps more than just a few hundred friends and family for encore?

You should have been there for encore in 2007, BD alumni all over the place. It would be hard for a California corps to draw at a midwestern final

What direction will BD take in 2011?

I would personally advise them to go mainly east, perhaps even southeast.

Going west for more than brief time will get them really wet. Quite soaked, actually. Something unadvisable, unless you are doing a reprise of Santa Clara's Le Mer show.

Edited by Tim Coffey

I would personally advise them to go mainly east, perhaps even southeast.

Going west for more than brief time will get them really wet. Quite soaked, actually. Something unadvisable, unless you are doing a reprise of Santa Clara's Le Mer show.

I am with this guy! :lookaround:

BD 2011... engage or frustrate?

Personally, I found their 2010 show to be frustratingly engaging!!!!! :lookaround:

BD 2011... engage or frustrate?

Personally, I found their 2010 show to be frustratingly engaging!!!!! :lookaround:

Scott Chandler, et al....would be proud!

Scott Chandler, et al....would be proud!

I mentioned on some other thread that I was skeptical going into my first (and only) viewing of the Devils this year....because I tend not to enjoy "I need to think too much to 'get' this" shows, from any corps.

But BD absolutely floored me this year. The mirrors thing was pure genius, IMO. Exceptional design, staging, and performance.