Snare tilt

says you. apparently thousands of others disagree, if not millions

I don't know Jeff, given that the majority of corps by far every single year keep the snares flat I gotta say that is the preferred look and way of doing things by most people.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Find the recordings of 27th Lancers from 1984. You should be able to get part of the part that died back. Esp if you can find John Blair's field tape from that year, in South Carolina.

...pretty sure Paul Rennick was on that snare line. I've never seen or heard them, but form listening to him talk it seems like they were great. Charley Poole taught them, right?

I don't know Jeff, given that the majority of corps by far every single year keep the snares flat I gotta say that is the preferred look and way of doing things by most people.

Carrier / snare attachment design actually had a lot to do with that for many, many years. Though you could argue that it was because there was no demand for it to be otherwise...

Mike

...pretty sure Paul Rennick was on that snare line. I've never seen or heard them, but form listening to him talk it seems like they were great. Charley Poole taught them, right?

Arguably the best battery in DCI history. The segmented writing in the drum solo is awesome. Everything in the show is awesome. It's like the horn guys and drill guys just gave the show over to them after the second week of practice. We saw them at Naperville before the end of June and they ere already cleaner than most lines are at Finals.

Enough with the snare tilt already! It was cool and different when SCV did it years ago; but now it has become lame! Just another example of the copycat ideology that has spread through the activity.

It was never cool.

people like it tho...few know how to actually make it work right.

and it's not that hard

Ohio State does the snare tilt the right way...

and in a few years...(maybe less) they will be more drum corps than drum corps...

Ohio State does the snare tilt the right way...

and in a few years...(maybe less) they will be more drum corps than drum corps...

I hate their style. Love the unis, love the script Ohio, hate the marching style. Just yicch. But they do it well.

omg i would CRY if SCV switches to die-nasty... UGH