Finals 2014

Bloomington has nowhere near enough hotel rooms...the only reason it worked out in 2008 was because they were bussing people from Indy. Once word got out that the show was in Bloomington, the hotels there sold out within a couple days, IIRC, and the people lucky enough to get one (myself included) cancelled the Indy reservations.

FWIW, I wasn't all that impressed with my first trip to the left Coast. UTtrumpetdude, I TOTALLY agree with Nashville, it would rock! I went to Fan Fair there a few years back, and had a great time. Downtown is actually within walking distance of the stadium, lot's of great little bars on Broadway and lots of stuff to do in the area.

Contra7, no thanks to Gillette Stadium (and I live within driving distance). The last time we were there, the ever greedy Bob Kraft (Pathetics and stadium owner) charged a fortune for parking, even for 1/4's and semis...and there are NO alternatives in the area.

Bloomingtwon will have plenty of hotel rooms if all the G7 corps bail on DCI!

• Like 1

I vote for Denver. It's an awesome venue for both fan and performer, it's a great city

with a lot of things to do.....and I live three blocks from Invesco Field! :tongue:

*cough**cough*NEYLAND STADIUM*cough*cough*

Oh how I wish, but sadly I don't see it happening. Neyland would be an awesome venue that could hold a very large crowd, but The Pride of the Southland's annual practice day in Neyland towards the end of band camp is always super short because the field crew is touchy about the field for some reason (because football cleats are so good for it and all). Nashville is better suited for the large finals crowds anyway. I would probably have a heart attack if I ever heard championships would be in Neyland Stadium.

IF finals ever ends up back on the west coast, please no Rose Bowl. That venue sucks as a drum corps venue, and there's nothing at all around the stadium

I agree. It would be great to have it out West, but the Rose Bowl was the worst stadium ever. The roads could not handle the traffic, the tunnels were insufficient to handle the people, the bowl was way too shallow for good visuals....

It is the only time in 15 years I missed the first few corps in the finals because it took so long to get to and into the stadium.

I'd be a bit surprised if it isn't just moved to Bloomington after how successful that was last time.

It's been widely publicized (since the announcement of the ten-year commitment to and from Indianapolis) that we can't be in Indianapolis because the religious convention has all the hotels booked up. Bloomington doesn't have enough hotel rooms for the World Championships, so we would need to has use of Indianapolis anyhow.

IF finals ever ends up back on the west coast, please no Rose Bowl. That venue sucks as a drum corps venue, and there's nothing at all around the stadium

Agreed. West Coast sí. Rose Bowl no. Denver was also well-attended, and was the best all-around DCI finals location IMO - so it'd be fine with me if they want to go back there.

I agree. It would be great to have it out West, but the Rose Bowl was the worst stadium ever. The roads could not handle the traffic, the tunnels were insufficient to handle the people, the bowl was way too shallow for good visuals....http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/style_images/1/folder_editor_images/rte-textcolor.gif

It is the only time in 15 years I missed the first few corps in the finals because it took so long to get to and into the stadium.

Indeed... and once you were in there, good luck getting back in if you went out for concessions. The security were incompetent. Was blocked from getting back into the stands, even though no corps was on the field... after arguing with this guy, we heard 'now ENTERING the field, phantom regiment', and we still couldnt get in. Ended up missing that show thanks to the security.

Come back to Canada! Toronto? Although I'm not sure where as Skydome (sorry...Rogers Centre) wouldn't be the best venue, maybe BMO Field?