Show ideas you'd want to see next year

Either Madison or (preferably) Blue Devils....

Bailar! - Get some latin jazz in there, play some mambo, the drum break could include a lot of great latin percussive instruments, and the ballad would be Por Una Cabeza (the tango from True Lies).

<Paul Creston>

Yikes - what a crafty and great composer - 2nd symphony, first movement - slow in developing in its original form, but (imo) adaptable for drum corps, and a GREAT push phrase -

The ending of the final movement of his 4th symphony would make a great closing moment to an opener.

The Beatles - uniform and "color-them" possibilities are endless as is the music ....

The Conquistadors did "Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club" , "Got to get you into my life",

"Golden Slumbers" ,"Carry that Weight", and "The End" back in 1979.

Some would say that it was our best musical book ever.

Wow is there alot of great ideas to read on this subject, but ( there is always a but ) I am a little confused.

First, I am a BIG fan of Drum Corps. I love it all, new-old- everything. A buddy of mine was over recently and I did my own little experiment by asking him to go over some of the choices here on this post to just see if he new any of the choices that people here are posting. He knows nothing about Drum Corps other than what I have told him and he has 2 young daughters that are just teenagers. Hes in his 40s, married, good middle class job, so on and so fourth. Basically the moral to my post is that he maybe new 2 or 3 of all the choices on this thread, possibly 4 but no more. This is a huge problem in getting more people involved in this activity. There is just so many band people that we can get involved in our activity, we need in my honest opionion more musical choices that the more common folk would know.

One of the choices he new was RUSH, he never heard of MALAGUENA. Just thought I would throw this out there, you see he now knows what MALAGUENA is but when he asked to see something he new, I had nothing to show him but the BLUE DEVILS playing the WHO. He new that music, and was impressed alot more than MALAGUENA. Just some thoughts to ponder.

Someone commented "Very good post" I will say "Very telling post"

Hope one of the top (10?) corps would do Fanfare for the Common Men".

No reason... just want to hear it on the field, :tongue:

Hope one of the top (10?) corps would do Fanfare for the Common Men".

No reason... just want to hear it on the field, :tongue:

check out the 1988 Cadets

<Some would say that it was our best musical book ever.>

I'm rather partial to 1975 - La Suerta De Los Tontos!

Just before my time.