DCA Heads South for 2012

Glen

Everybody meet at Fran and TennTuxs places.... :tongue:

Wow, never thought this could happen post 9/11.

I'm a civilian who works for the Navy a few... repeat FEW.... :thumbup: hours north....

Jim, I think it helps quite a bit that the stadium is not on the grounds of the Naval Academy, but in the city itself.

But yeah... security has definitely been tighter in the Naval Academy area since 9/11, and understandably so.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found this little blurb that could make for an "interesting" weekend:

" Alcohol is not permited inside Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium. Alcohol is, however, allowed in the parking lots and tailgating areas. Consumption of alcohol by underage drinkers will not be tolerated "

Annapolis is a great city.... the Naval Academy, the state capitol complex, the historic homes, the shopping areas, and the City Dock area (which is basically the Annapolis version of Baltimore's Inner Harbor).

Also... Baltimore and DC not too far away.

Lots of stuff to do and see, aside from drum corps. :thumbup:

And did I mention it's an hour (or less) from home for the missus and me? :tongue:

Sweet!!!!

An hour (or less) from home! :thumbup:

Ditto! AWESOME NEWS!!! :tongue:

Fran, you could literally phone in the announcements and it'd be a local call! lol

And did I mention it's an hour (or less) from home for the missus and me? :tongue:

PARTY AT FRAN'S!!!! :thumbup:

Speaking as a person who's family lived on Kent Island, just across the bridge from Annapolis, great spot, terrible traffic expecially on weekends and realllly on Labor day, I suggest you get there on Thursday and stay till Monday and don't drive. Looking forward to the Maryland trip.

Found this little blurb that could make for an "interesting" weekend:

" Alcohol is not permited inside Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium. Alcohol is, however, allowed in the parking lots and tailgating areas. Consumption of alcohol by underage drinkers will not be tolerated "

This is a good thing for DCA's image.