Earl vs. Ernesto in Rochester

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

again, 60s temps referenced for the daytime....

I think it's a case of "60s feeling like 70s for people from Rochester." :worthy:

That whole weekend was cold. We went out to find a store so we could buy long sleeved shirts and pants.

Same with Barbara and me.

We got there on Friday.... and seemingly every time we looked at a local weather forecast, the projected low temps for Sunday night dropped by five degrees. LOL.

Sunday afternoon before Finals we went shopping for winter gear!!!

Edited by Fran Haring

Same with Barbara and me.

We got there on Friday.... and seemingly every time we looked at a local weather forecast, the projected low temps for Sunday night dropped by five degrees. LOL.

Sunday afternoon before Finals we went shopping for winter gear!!!

It was my first DCA's so I was not prepared in any way. But that monkey wrench just made it 10 times worse.

really...he hates dynamics. he will ask me what certain dynamic markings mean....then ask if he really has to play them. he has two volumes....mallets out and mallets in :worthy:

Well, for the fact I live within a stones throw of the stadium it is currently 78 degrees at 12:20 am on thursday morn, SSSOOOOO.....I will say that it is going to be a interesting change of events when it is predicted to start at 88 on friday morn and drop 20 degrees by the time I & E's are over and continue on sat with a high in the mid 60's .....just saying it has been a mini heat wave for the last 4-5 days with high humidity and air quality warnings yesterday.

Wise to over pack for a chiily weekend with some HOT drum corps performances! :worthy:

I personally prefer the cooler temps but do feel for our southern Cal Brothers and Sisters in drum corps!

Have Fun! Miss it a bunch and will be rooting for all performers! BRING IT! :devil:

Completely agree. Prelims that year was the worst show of my life. I didn't play an entire note during the show because I couldn't move my fingers to use the valves I was so cold.

I wonder how many performers caught a cold that weekend (06). A significant chunk of SoCal Dream started showing signs on the way to the airport after finals...by the time we got off the plane in LA, I was feeling #### near dead...I don't know if I could've driven safely home if the wife hadn't picked me up!

Took me 2 months to kick the thing...a miserable way to end the season.

Scattered, mostly light, showers; breezy (not windy); and highs in the mid-60s. These showery days behind a cold front (which will pass Friday afternoon/night) are tricky to forecast. Jackets and ponchos are in order. May have some showers sticking around for Alumni Spectacular, especially the beginning. Should clear by finals.

After sitting through every corps in prelims during Ernesto, I think I can handle this...