Earl vs. Ernesto in Rochester

True... 1991, too. Very, very cold both those nights.

That whole weekend was cold. We went out to find a store so we could buy long sleeved shirts and pants.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are in the grips of a mini heatwave with stagnant mid 90's weather... this will continue through Friday AM... then it is supposed to break with brisk winds and balmy 70's over the weekend... there is no forecast of major rain, but increased cloudiness likely... sounds like PERFECT drum corps weather...

for those traveling early... come in high heat clothes but be prepared for perfect cool evenings over the weekend...

can't wait to hear the horn sound... Brilliant!!! at those temps...

Heck..... compared to that bone-chilling Finals night in 1976, that's downright balmy!!!!

Must have been the year I was sitting on the blacktop of the airport parking lot trying to get warm. It was after dark so it didn't work too well.... :worthy: LOL, that was Saturday night as Prelims/Finals was Sunday. If we had the Sat Prelims schedule back then my season would have been OVER at that time except for getting recorded.

Deja vu all over again <$1 to Y. Berra> staying at the Holiday Inn across the highway from the airport. 1974-76 we stayed at the Travel Lodge which was across Brooks Ave. Building is still there but no idea who owns it. And the field we used is part of the parking lot buildings.

for those traveling early... come in high heat clothes but be prepared for perfect cool evenings over the weekend...

OK then....Thanks!! Heading to revise the packing list now.

We are in the grips of a mini heatwave with stagnant mid 90's weather... this will continue through Friday AM... then it is supposed to break with brisk winds and balmy 70's over the weekend... there is no forecast of major rain, but increased cloudiness likely... sounds like PERFECT drum corps weather...

can't wait to hear the horn sound... Brilliant!!! at those temps...

70's? weather .com is saying mid 60's at best

No idea where these things are. I moved July 1st. The only thing I needed to know was where the summer stuff was. OY.....

One of the few times I'm glad our hotel is near a WalMart. Even better a WalMart that's easy to find from the hotel. Turn left out of the parking lot, drive a few miles until you literally drive into the parking lot of the strip mall. We're getting to the point of saying "#### it, we're driving up Thursday and have almost all Friday to buy what we forget. Just make sure we bring all of our meds." (someone else has the tickets).

And we might :worthy: be there for other (liquid) items anyway.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

70's? weather .com is saying mid 60's at best

Jeff, weather.com is a joke. They couldn't forecast their way out of a sack. Go to weather.gov for National Weather Service forecasts. Even though I think mid-60's may be close. Personally, if it doesn't rain, I love fall weather!!

Disclaimer: Before becoming a music teacher, I did fail out of meterology school. I was right too often, couldn't ruin the profession.

MSN's forecast

again, 60s temps referenced for the daytime....

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH I need to know what the heck to pack people and I don't have the ability to take my traveling closet. Oh SUV how I miss thee on weekends of indecision such as this.....

how did you pass music given your hatred of dynamics?

I know what dynamics are, I just refuse to play them. :worthy: