Favorite DCA Personality

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the OP lets close this thread in honor of George Parks! Thank you.

Although not a "true" DCA personality I have to say the late GREAT Col. Truman W. Crawford USMC Ret'd. The man was a musical giant in the activity and assisted many Corps Jr.Sr. etc.

Although not a "true" DCA personality I have to say the late GREAT Col. Truman W. Crawford USMC Ret'd. The man was a musical giant in the activity and assisted many Corps Jr.Sr. etc.

??? Not a "true" DCA personality??? boy you must be young and don't know his background...

DCA credentials for Tru

Arranged for and taught a major "founding" member corps of DCA - Yankee Rebels

Adjudicated dca contests for probably 15 years

Was Brass Caption Chairman and taught the adjudicators for some time

Did arrangements for other corps who have competed in DCA

His heart was always into DCA even if his job was the USMC...

No question on Walter Kelly - my favorite Walter moment is still 1980 DCA finals at Hershey with Westshore's pigeons mulling around the field.

Absolute classic.

Though MUCH funnier now.... It was not one of my favorites back then....LOL :spitting:

George Parks

let's let this thread rest for a while on that one....

:spitting: AMEN

My wife Kris discovered Drum Corps in the mid 80s and only saw a couple of local shows (Carlisle) until we really got back into it a few years back. Trying to describe George Parks and his impact and realized I was talking about three people who were IT during the time.

George Parks, Butch Anderson and Jim(my) Russo.

Thanks goodness she has the opportunity to see Jim in action. But it was so much fun trying to watch them top each other. :spitting:

My wife Kris discovered Drum Corps in the mid 80s and only saw a couple of local shows (Carlisle) until we really got back into it a few years back. Trying to describe George Parks and his impact and realized I was talking about three people who were IT during the time.

George Parks, Butch Anderson and Jim(my) Russo.

Thanks goodness she has the opportunity to see Jim in action. But it was so much fun trying to watch them top each other. :spitting:

They had to develop a couple of categories when it came to handing out awards during retreat at a lot of contests, especially when Butch and Jimmy were in the same show. When Jim was given the Best DM award Butch would get the Best Showman award. The next week in would reverse with Butch getting Best DM and Jim getting Best Showman award. When all 3 of them were at the same show???? Anyone of them could have gotten the short end.