Favorite DCA Personality

When all 3 of them were at the same show???? Anyone of them could have gotten the short end.

I hear ya, Mike. Not an easy choice, week in and week out. Three different styles.... three great performers.

Edited by Fran Haring

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cozy.

For the 2003 DCI Championships week edition of Drum Corps World, he wrote a huge 2/3 page "Kiltie Klan Wedding" review of our 4th of July Kiltie wedding. He marched Kilties that year. Ron Walloch was our wedding photographer.

I'm still awaiting "friend" confirmation on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php...6935&ref=ts

I agree with COZY

In 2006 he came to California early season and performed with the Renegades at a Loud Music Symposium in Campbell CA. This is where I met Cozy, He eagerly approached my son (also a marching member) and I and said that he was told that we were marching together for the very first time and that I was a BD alum... I was blown away that this guy I had never met would already know so much about us... Well the three of us went to dinner together that night and he skillfully gleaned more information from us... At the end of dinner we were informaed that he was a writer for DCW! The very next edition there was a story about the Renegades and Cozy was wonderful enough to mention my son an I as well! :spitting::spitting::spitting::spitting:

Larry Hershman

Dick Eschenman

John Chamberlin

Three terrific people. I miss John to this day.

They had to develop a couple of categories when it came to handing out awards during retreat at a lot of contests, especially when Butch and Jimmy were in the same show. When Jim was given the Best DM award Butch would get the Best Showman award. The next week in would reverse with Butch getting Best DM and Jim getting Best Showman award. When all 3 of them were at the same show???? Anyone of them could have gotten the short end.

LOL, DMs had unis that either matched what the corps wore or was close to what the corps wore. An extreme was Westshore having the head DM wear one of the past unis (puffy blouse).

Then Butch came out with that white 3 piece disco outfit with no(?) shirt. :spitting:

Three terrific people. I miss John to this day.

Yes Fran, I marched with John myself- Losing John IMHO was part of what caused the eventual end of Westshore. I don't think people realized just how essential he really was to the corps at the time of his death. When I heard of his passing, I got a knot in my gut over losing a person I respected and also because It made me worry about the corps as well. 'Nuff said. :spitting: