What the fans want...2011

I think you mistook a rehearsal for a show. I've never been to a drum corps show with "empty" stands. Heck the one all OC show I went to a few years ago had a crowd that filled at least 80% of the seating area.

I think he was talking about the back stands.

• Like 1

What? I discovered drum corps a few years ago.

Actually Walden P. Woodwinder discovered drum corps in 1878 by accident while attempting to get all of the snare drummers and buglers in his town to line up for a photograph. A carriage suddenly charged into their midst and they ran in different directions...all ending up in formation again in another spot. He then suggested that they do that again...but play their instruments this time....what happened next was drum corps. :spitting:

I think you mistook a rehearsal for a show. I've never been to a drum corps show with "empty" stands. Heck the one all OC show I went to a few years ago had a crowd that filled at least 80% of the seating area.

:spitting:

tasty hot dogs at all venues.

cool and comfortable weather.

great seats, high up and between the 45s.

a drum corps show near them.

:spitting::spitting::spitting:

I don't know about you guys....but these last few seasons have left me sorely disappointed. In all the rigmarole about amps and electronics and woodwind scares and G7 arguments, something has been left by the wayside and it saddens me. This one thing has always been a great drum corps staple, but I feel fewer and fewer corps are using it to its fullest potential. What I want to see, more then anything else in 2011, is more cowbell.

Edited by luvs me sum mello!
  • Like 1

I don't know about you guys....but these last few seasons have left me sorely disappointed. In all the rigmarole about amps and electronics and woodwind scares and G7 arguments, something has been left by the wayside and it saddens me. This one thing has always been a great drum corps staple, but I feel fewer and fewer corps are using it to its fullest potential. What I want to see, more then anything else in 2001, is more cowbell.

So, can I use the time machine after you're done? :spitting:

- Brass limited to bell-front bugles in the key of G

On that issue, a question: G bugles are believed by many to play louder than Bb bugles -- but where would bugles in other keys fit in that scheme? Are Bb bugles the softest build? Are G bugles the loudest? Or would A bugles play louder than G and D bugles play softer than Bb? (Or does it depend on the key of the music?)