What the fans want...2011

Going out on a limb here but I reckon that most fans want more of this...

madison-scouts-contras.png

And less of this...

376885.jpg

WE DONT NEED SYNTHS AND AMPS TO REPLACE LOW END BRASS!!!

Oh and while I am on me soapbox... Kudos to Madison for making Old School cool again... Here's hoping others may follow

Are you listening Spirit, Bones, George and Wayne? I desperately hope so....

OK end the thread. We have the answer! :thumbup:

Listen, I'm seriously not playing devils advocate. Decibels only measure the quantity of sound, not the quality. I don't see adding in 50 50 woodwinds brass as a viable option, but if it did, I think it would force DCI hornlines to stop playing so out of control and out of balance and start thinking of themselves as a musical ensemble, which I don't hear a whole lot of right now. Is it fun and entertaining? Sure. It could also be a whole lot better to as a whole. There are certain hornlines who do achieve what I am talking about, but not nearly enough.

I'm afraid I must disagree here. Yes Decibels measure the quantity of sound. However the quality DOES have a tremendous effect on the overall quantity of sound. If you take two equal groups of musicians each playing the same piece of music with the same level of intensity, but one of the groups plays perfectly in tune and one plays slightly out of tune I can guarantee you the "in tune" group will be louder on a decibel meter.

I can think of at least 5 or 6 and there are probably more.

Out of how many DCA corps there are, that's barely any. How many used them at DCA Finals this year? Two?

• Like 1

There has been much talk about the chop-shop style of arranging, which as we all know allows visual designers to create their art, while an actual musical composition (you know, with form, and key structure, and cadences, and harmonic motion...) seems to prevent this kind of artful visual design from happening.

So I thought: since music is improved by ramming all the different themes and ideas together, wouldn't some of the world's most famous speeches come off better when jumbled together with other famous speeches. So - here - in its world premier publication, is my 'show' - THE GREAT SPEECHIFIERS

enjoy - and hey, don't criticize me, because, you know - this is my life...

I have no purpose, directly or indirectly, to interfere with the institution of slavery in the States where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so.

Fourscore and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal. Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation or any nation so conceived and so dedicated can long endure. We are met on a great battlefield of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field as a final resting-place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word. It is victory. Victory at all costs - Victory in spite of all terrors - Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for without victory there is no survival. Let that be realized. No survival for the British Empire, no survival for all that the British Empire has stood for, no survival for the urge, the impulse of the ages, that mankind shall move forward toward his goal. We shall not flag nor fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France and on the seas and oceans; we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air. We shall defend our island whatever the cost may be; we shall fight on beaches, landing grounds, in fields, in streets and on the hills. We shall never surrender and even if, which I do not for the moment believe, this island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, will carry on the struggle until in God's good time the New World with all its power and might, sets forth to the liberation and rescue of the Old.

You can see that "there is no easy walk to freedom anywhere, and many of us will have to pass through the valley of the shadow (of death) again and again before we reach the mountain tops of our desires.

Dangers and difficulties have not deterred us in the past, they will not frighten us now. But we must be prepared for them like men in business who do not waste energy in vain talk and idle action. The way of preparation (for action) lies in our rooting out all impurity and indiscipline from our organisation and making it the bright and shining instrument that will cleave its way to freedom.

Many years ago the great British explorer George Mallory, who was to die on Mount Everest, was asked why did he want to climb it. He said, "Because it is there." Well, space is there, and we're going to climb it, and the moon and the planets are there, and new hopes for knowledge and peace are there. And, therefore, as we set sail we ask God's blessing on the most hazardous and dangerous and greatest adventure on which man has ever embarked.

The white man's world is newer world than the black man's world. If this man said that they were about to make man, and he said we would make him how -in your image -this shows you that there's somebody there with him. "Let us make man on our image, in our likeness. Let us make him look like us. He won't be the same as we are, he'll be in our image." That's God talking, right? He's talking to somebody.

It would be fatal for the nation to overlook the urgency of the moment and to underestimate the determination of the Negro. This sweltering summer of the Negro's legitimate discontent will not pass until there is an invigorating autumn of freedom and equality. Nineteen sixty-three is not an end, but a beginning. Those who hope that the Negro needed to blow off steam and will now be content will have a rude awakening if the nation returns to business as usual. There will be neither rest nor tranquillity in America until the Negro is granted his citizenship rights. The whirlwinds of revolt will continue to shake the foundations of our nation until the bright day of justice emerges.

Well, I don't know what will happen now. We've got some difficult days ahead. But it doesn't matter with me now. Because I've been to the mountaintop. And I don't mind. Like anybody, I would like to live a long life. Longevity has its place. But I'm not concerned about that now. I just want to do God's will. And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the promised land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people will get to the promised land. And I'm happy, tonight. I'm not worried about anything. I'm not fearing any man. Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord.

The crew of the space shuttle Challenger honoured us by the manner in which they lived their lives. We will never forget them, nor the last time we saw them, this morning, as they prepared for their journey and waved goodbye, and "slipped the surly bonds of earth" to "touch the face of God."

Thank you all for this opportunity to present my new show to you - I hope you've enjoyed this new art form!

Out of how many DCA corps there are, that's barely any. How many used them at DCA Finals this year? Two?

In Open Class:

Empire Statesmen

Renegades

Kilties

Music City Legend (I assume they're coming back since they won the chase grant)

then, in class A at least half of them are on Gs, some of them are even on 2vs.

Well, there's our fundamental difference, then.

I really don't care for the "concert band on a football field/F around the room" philosophy, as I think outdoor playing requires a different set of circumstances and processes than a stationary concert setting would.

No one wants tomatoes splattered on the wall, but if that's the trade-off I get occasionally for more passion and more volume, I'll take it over a controlled forte any day.

So you think WW players can't play with great passion?