What The Fans Don't Want in 2011

SFZFAN

Circuit City, a new drum corps sponsored by HBO and Sony, are proud to announce their 2K11 program

"We are excited about this endeavor. our guard has 100 highly trained members. By simply removing every other person for a particular performance, we would only need to reduce 50 more from elsewhere for any limiting performance.

:smile:

Will this " Circuit City " Corps have a " Geek Squad " available too ?

So we have a very active thread about what we want to see next year. What do you absolutely NOT want to see/hear next year? :smile:

What I don't want to see:

* People saying, "I'm a drum corps fan" while in the same breath complaining about nearly every facet of modern DCI drum corps

* People making the brash statement that their personal opinion/tastes regarding drum corps design are the "only" "real" and "true" ideas of what drum corps is

Oh, you mean what I don't want to see next year on the field from drum corps?

The usual: I don't want to see

1) dirty attacks

2) poor step offs

3) bad intonation

4) lack of musical clarity

5) collisions

6) lack of visual clarity

7) dropped rifles/sabers

8) people booing drum corps

9) drunken members at Finals retreat acting like idiots and embarrassing themselves (haven't seen that in awhile)

probably a lot more, but that's just off the top of my head. I personally don't care if corps do new music, old standards, crowd friendly, esoteric, etc as long as it's done well (heck, I'm not a fan of Rhapsody in Blue: I down right dislike it. But Scouts performed it well enough to not make me care that I dislike the source material, and "forced" me to like what they did with it).

You're thinking of Best Buy.

opps... no Geek Squads then.

If we do get a Circuit City Corps, I hope they'll have" a money back guarantee if not completely satisfied with the product".

Edited by BRASSO

* People saying, "I'm a drum corps fan" while in the same breath complaining about nearly every facet of modern DCI drum corps

As "modern DCI drum corps" is not the actual definition of "drum corps," then one can be a fan of drum corps while not being a fan of modern DCI drum corps. One can be a fan of drum corps in general without being a fan of one particular facet of drum corps.

I know, I know...elementary reasoning can be difficult after too much Kool Aid.

* People making the brash statement that their personal opinion/tastes regarding drum corps design are the "only" "real" and "true" ideas of what drum corps is

Oh, you mean what I don't want to see next year on the field from drum corps?

The usual: I don't want to see

1) dirty attacks

2) poor step offs

3) bad intonation

4) lack of musical clarity

5) collisions

6) lack of visual clarity

7) dropped rifles/sabers

8) people booing drum corps

9) drunken members at Finals retreat acting like idiots and embarrassing themselves (haven't seen that in awhile)

probably a lot more, but that's just off the top of my head. I personally don't care if corps do new music, old standards, crowd friendly, esoteric, etc as long as it's done well (heck, I'm not a fan of Rhapsody in Blue: I down right dislike it. But Scouts performed it well enough to not make me care that I dislike the source material, and "forced" me to like what they did with it).

You are way too logical and objective to post here... :smile:

Edited by Wadep66

the usuals

also, to add to my list of "not wants" I'll go ahead and say amplified kazoos. I prefer my kazoos to be acoustic.

such a non answer on my question. specifics please

That's adequate, but I think most people agree that a show is much different live than on recording

Oh absolutely! That was my point. On the fan network I didn't get or really enjoy the Blue Devils but live it was different. I still didn't really like the design choice but there was no denying the power and talent. I remember raving about it right afer the show.

:smile::thumbup:
I'll be honest, posts like yours upward in the thread come off more as trolling than anything.