and.......HERE WE GO

see me

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... so theoretically we could have BDB in the top twelve? O_o

Edited by Impuls!vebari

Oddly I expected there to be more opposition to this move on DCP, since I've been seeing it everywhere else. Well this just makes it easier to say what I think.

In my opinion, this is a great opportunity! In the end Open Class isn't losing anything, they still have their own championships (although in a different format). Really this only means that the smaller corps can perform for the big crowd now! :laughing:

I like it

all OC corps have 2 guarenteed performances (tues/thurs) :laughing:

putting OC in a show against WC gives them equal standing :tongue:

putting OC in a finals type show with WC gives them a WC audience (MOST IMPORTANT TO ME) :worthy:

Oddly I expected there to be more opposition to this move on DCP, since I've been seeing it everywhere else. Well this just makes it easier to say what I think.

In my opinion, this is a great opportunity! In the end Open Class isn't losing anything, they still have their own championships (although in a different format). Really this only means that the smaller corps can perform for the big crowd now! :laughing:

No opposition here. I've been very vocal in my support of returning to a top25 style format of yesteryear. It's only fair to Open Class corps and it gives the World Class corps a wakeup call as to who truly belongs where. There used to be an advantage (when corps were known as Open and Class A) in that, the Open class corps had a better shot at top 25 because they were being judged at a higher level of scrutiny BITD. The downside was that a Class A corps could do half a tour, come in on Quarters and knock off several Open Class corps ... not entirely fair but hey ....... they were better than the Open Class corps so they deserved what they got. The pay structure also favored the Open Class corps. The benefit of being top 25 was having your fuel reimbursed for the year.

Several things have changed since then ..... but at least now there is a competitive fairness to finals week that is long overdue. I would also assume that the pay structure will change, as well as the profit sharing structure based on Semifinals results. Obviously, some Open Class corps of today have opted to move up to World class and still retain a regional presence for the first month of the summer. Will this change? I look forward to seeing the new requirements of World Class corps with this new competitive structure for finals week. Some things will have to give in order to achieve a healthy balance when corps are choosing in which Class to participate for the competitive season.

Devil is in the details ...........

...alright! I'm lovin' this! I thought that the move to Michigan City was the beginning of the end for Open Class and there has been nothing to convince me otherwise until now. This format brings back the "run what you brung" days...I'm totally behind this, congrats DCI for a wise decision. :tongue: Everybody on the same sheets in the same contest...*that's* what it's all about, baby!

cg

...alright! I'm lovin' this! I thought that the move to Michigan City was the beginning of the end for Open Class and there has been nothing to convince me otherwise until now. This format brings back the "run what you brung" days...I'm totally behind this, congrats DCI for a wise decision. :laughing: Everybody on the same sheets in the same contest...*that's* what it's all about, baby!

cg

TRUTH! And just for the record ...... when I marched in an A corps, there weren't separate sheets until DCI tour. In DCM contests you were on the same sheets as the bigboys. If you got a 25 ................ then that's what you got. It never hurt my feelings because there were always 10 other corps around me who were getting 25's or 33's or whatever. If you were 30 pts out of first place ........ so be it.