G8

DC Guy

I'm reserving judgement until we know more information. I will bet tho, that woodwinds be allowed in in some fashion to these shows

Of this, I have NO doubt, Jeff ( woodwinds used in some fashion in this " experimentation " segment at a couple of shows, before or after competiton at these " experimental " venues.

The camel needs to get it's nose under the tent somehow, doesn't' it ? This is the perfect venue and opprtunity.... all in keeping with the G-8 vision the 2 chief architects layed out too )

If the shows are not well attended or not well received, the ideas driving the G7 will die a quick death.

If the shows are well attended or the "experiments" well received either they will have proved their point and all of DCI will move in their direction or DCI will choose not to move in their direction and some or all of the G7 will leave and form their own circuit.

If the shows are not well attended or not well received, the ideas driving the G7 will die a quick death.

If the shows are well attended or the "experiments" well received either they will have proved their point and all of DCI will move in their direction or DCI will choose not to move in their direction and some or all of the G7 will leave and form their own circuit.

Sounds like a very good assessment on how this potentially will all shake out, I'd say.

Of this, I have NO doubt, Jeff ( woodwinds used in some fashion in this " experimentation " segment at a couple of shows, before or after competiton at these " experimental " venues.

The camel needs to get it's nose under the tent somehow, doesn't' it ? This is the perfect venue and opprtunity.... all in keeping with the G-8 vision the 2 chief architects layed out too )

I agree in the extreme likelihood of woodwinds being included by SOME of these corps in the experimental portion of these shows. With that said, I think the desire to add woodwinds to DC rests exclusively on the shoulders of a very few people, and I expect that some of these corps, hopefully most of them, will NOT have WW included.

My gut feeling is that these experiments "will" probably be well received...I think this will be based upon the simple fact of them being something new and different. As far as drawing any "new" crowd I seriously doubt that. Drum corps is a niche activity and always will be in my opinion. I am definitely not an advocate of this happening and I don't care how much spin has been done to change the public perceptions of "the experiments", I for one will "never forget".

well Mike, I hope the directors prepare the kids for any backlash that may come.

I'm reserving judgement until we know more information. I will bet tho, that woodwinds be allowed in in some fashion to these shows

I know I'm being naive but...with the woodwind timbre already legal from the pit (via synth) what is so bad about having a mic'd WW in the pit? I really don't see what the hubbub is about. A flute or clarinet on a mic will (a) sound better (b) is more 'acoustic' than a midi patch © is not really a gateway to marching WWs (which I don't support either)