G8

DC Guy

Given a choice, I'd want Former Marine Corps Drill Instructor, Sgt. Lee Emery to judge.

The post show critique with a Corps staffer that felt Emery gave his Corps a low caption score and made the staffer sad about the score, and pleaded his case before Emery might be interesting to hear Emery's take. ( take off from the Geico commercial )

" That's interesting to hear ( Emery to staffer ).

You know what makes me " sad " ? YOU DO !!

Maybe you should chug on over to mamby pamby land and maybe we can find

some self confidence for you, you jackwagon !!

... tissue ? ( he asks, then throws the tissue box out of reach of the staffer ).... You crybaby !! "

He needs to use that tone with half the people on this site.

funny thing is half the time when you try to use that tone to people on here, you get suspended for doing so :laughing:

Given a choice, I'd want former Marine Corps drill instructor, Sgt. Lee Emery to judge.

R. Lee Ermey's dialogue from Full Metal Jacket naturally suggests the past season's Cavaliers show.

funny thing is half the time when you try to use that tone to people on here, you get suspended for doing so :tongue:

Fact - You can get suspended for mentioning Waffles in certain people's threads. :laughing:

He needs to use that tone with half the people on this site.

I might agree with this... but maybe for only about 20% instead of " half ".

Edited by BRASSO

R. Lee Ermey's dialogue from Full Metal Jacket naturally suggests the past season's Cavaliers show.

With the Bill Murray comedic schtick segment from the movie " Stripes " thrown in for giggles too. (" boom chuckalugga boom chuckalugga".........." there she was just awalkin down the street, singin' do wah diddy diddy dum diddy do "...etc.)

Edited by BRASSO

The eerie (sp) sound used for the halloween screamers on DCI is blue devils pit un amplified and its loud and clear. Star made some great sounds from the pit in 86 show.

Instant Encores are ok. drum corps without movement and visual can get boring after a while.

I went to the 3 Cs show in allentown and the crowd was sparse and the show started with the Cavaliers, then Crown, the Cadets. with 20 mins in between corps with speeches etc. boring. I left before they all performed again. How long will the shows be with all the corps doing other music besides thier shows?

How much will the tickets be?

Just watched a video of West Genesee marching band alumni group. all the brass in front. over 400 members in the band. could not hear the woodwinds til the end of the parade, over 100 of them.

Just a small list of differant points of veiw from a regular fan since 77'

My point is that they have no incentive to maintain the current tour if the G8 make their shows work out. If my show income is $200k between fees and souvies for the current tour, and I can make $300k by performing far fewer shows, then forget the tour!

There is no way to do what you suggest. The only reason these G8 shows are even happening is because the DCI tour arranges dozens of other paydays in a logical tour that connects the G8 dots.

Fact - You can get suspended for mentioning Waffles in certain people's threads. :laughing:

Mods please close the thread, I am beyond offended by Waffles.

Mods please close the thread, I am beyond offended by Waffles.

Don't go wafflin' and syrupy on us, or we'll sic " The Gunny ", A.K.A., Staff Sgt. R. Lee Ermey, USMC on you, boy !

Edited by BRASSO