G8

DC Guy

Are there going to be woodwinds on the field marching in 2011 at these shows? Are they going to have there own rules not under the DCI unbrella?

Why would any of these happen?

Why would we do something in this new "track" if we are still competing in DCI. Nobody wants to learn two shows or two versions of a show just to add woodwinds or anything else like that.

Its not practical, its not wanted. I don't see why this is even being discussed.

...Why would non drum corps fans go to any drum corps event?

If it was marketed correctly I'm sure I could get a bunch of non-affiliated people to come this TOC show.

I think drum corps about as entertaining as a B rated movie for "regular" people so I'm sure "SOME" people would go... :P

Edited by charlie1223

Why would we do something in this new "track" if we are still competing in DCI. Nobody wants to learn two shows or two versions of a show just to add woodwinds or anything else like that.

Its not practical, its not wanted. I don't see why this is even being discussed.

Thank You!

Well, I figure if non-drum corps fans are looking for some entertainment this would be a possible event to go to. Also, marching band fans from local highschools who have maybe never thought about going to drum corps show could find interest in this "variety" show kind of format.

I know it is shame! I feel like DCI and G8 have really thought of good thing with these shows! But the problem is that they are not maxing it out! There should be commercials up the WAZOO for these events. I would sell this event like I would sell tickets to a circus, ice skating show, or monster truck raley. Make people interested in taking an "entertainment risk" (risk because they have never seen it) by going to see a 3 hour show about "marching band".

DCI needs to hire some good marketers for sure...

to be honest...they won't price it in a way to attract the non initiated. the folks who dont really know corps wouldnt pay the probable price required to get in the door.

oh you will see stuff worked into the "encores". guarantee it

oh you will see stuff worked into the "encores". guarantee it

I still don't see it happening.

I still don't see it happening.

Blue Stars had a clarinet in their encore what, last year? 2 years ago?

:thumbup:

the Blue Stars already put clarinets in their encores... (I think 2009?)

you can obviously see where this is going:

the instrument is already on tour for encores and you are already allowed to mic instruments in DCI competition...