G8

DC Guy

Ignoring something that will likely happen just because it hasn't happened yet is equally foolish - IMO.

The TOC shows are happening in 2011. All of the rest of the original G7 proposal will be in play again at some point. Perhaps it will be modified or repackaged - but the underlying concepts and motivation did not go away just because the G7 lost one vote.

The current BOD has taken a stand on several things. BIG BUT - the current BOD is an interim BOD. All but 2 out of the 9 seats on the current BOD are up for election at the January meetings. That is only about 6 weeks away.

Time for me to run, do they take write-in candidates? :)

Isn't it a fairly big presumption that being non-G8 provides less net than being G8?

it's already been established being outside the 8 gets you less per show. And it seems that the G8 will get a larger cut of the pie from those super shows.

so, no, not really

it's already been established being outside the 8 gets you less per show. And it seems that the G8 will get a larger cut of the pie from those super shows.

so, no, not really

This is a big leap for a financial guy like you. tongue.gif The unanswered question still is "How big is the pie after costs?".

I admit that I may have missed the announcement about how much the G8 shows are paying participants, but I don't think so.

Their profit rubric WAS determined by cutting out DCI's fee and increasing attendance at each show.

Has either one of those been realized? Does anyone know that DCI is NOT getting a cut of the TOC shows?

Anyone able to establish that attendance, ticket prices, and costs will equal a higher payout to G8 participants than the local shows where they are paid by DCI?

The only thing I've seen for certain is that the contract prices to have corps at local shows is the same as last year, but that the DCI fee for local shows increased slightly to cover travel costs.

Other than that it's still unproven that the G8 will net more at TOC shows than non-G8 will during a local and regional show season.

All in this financial guy's opinion, of course.

Edited by garfield

This is a big leap for a financial buy like you. tongue.gif The unanswered question still is "How big is the pie after costs?".

I admit that I may have missed the announcement about how much the G8 shows are paying participants, but I don't think so.

Their profit rubric WAS determined by cutting out DCI's fee and increasing attendance at each show.

Has either one of those been realized? Does anyone know that DCI is NOT getting a cut of the TOC shows?

Anyone able to establish that attendance, ticket prices, and costs will equal a higher payout to G8 participants than the local shows where they are paid by DCI?

The only thing I've seen for certain is that the contract prices to have corps at local shows is the same as last year, but that the DCI fee for local shows increased slightly to cover travel costs.

Other than that it's still unproven that the G8 will net more at TOC shows than non-G8 will during a local and regional show season.

All in this financial guy's opinion, of course.

no formal announcement was made of how much per show the corps will get, however several posts from people who should know and would have said the amount goes up. I would imagine DCI still gets a fee, but probably less than at other shows.

it's already been established being outside the 8 gets you less per show.

Unless this has changed recently, I am not aware that this is a true statement.

Unless this has changed recently, I am not aware that this is a true statement.

then people posted falsely. if so, my bad. But I can't imagine those corps going into it without getting some more

No....there hasn't been an announcement regarding the financial arrangement for TOC shows.

Establish? Maybe not. All I can say is this:

1. I am hearing that corps will be paid more for a TOC show than any other DCI shows.

2. Since a TOC appearance requires a corps to prepare and perform additional material beyond their competitive field show, the logic is that they deserve to be paid more for doing that....and I accept that logic.

No....there hasn't been an announcement regarding the financial arrangement for TOC shows.

Establish? Maybe not. All I can say is this:

1. I am hearing that corps will be paid more for a TOC show than any other DCI shows.

2. Since a TOC appearance requires a corps to prepare and perform additional material beyond their competitive field show, the logic is that they deserve to be paid more for doing that....and I accept that logic.

I agree, it's not as if they would be getting paid more for showing up and doing the same amount of stuff as the non TOC shows.

What's stopping the non-G8 corps from putting together a show called "The tour of Sudo-Champions". It it'll be EXACTLY the same thing as the regular TOC but the TOSC will have non- G8 corps. DCI won't be involved and they can get extra money too. Everyone seems to be complaining how the non-G8 corps are getting less money. But they have to be doing MORE to get more money. So, why don't they just do that instead of complaining that they are getting less money? Everyone can be happy, and everyone can get more money independently without having to rely on DCI to divvy up the cash!!<br>

Edited by CorpsPro89