Favorite Corps Record

Wow, very interesting. Technically, it's not a glock because the bars are threaded on cord. Percussionists would refer to that instrument as "song bells." But, what really gets me is that harness. When mallet instruments came back into play they were carried with straps. Whoever made that harness should have patented it and might have made a lot of money, because that's pretty much what Musser introduced around 1978 to replace the gangly straps.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's such a mitzvah for all of us that the Fleetwood folks have seen fit to re-release their entire catalog (and some other titles, as well).

I urge my colleagues to support this effort by acquiring some of these. Most all of them were re-mastered by Glenn Kubacki from the best available vinyl copies. The quality is as good as ever.

It's such a mitzvah for all of us that the Fleetwood folks have seen fit to re-release their entire catalog (and some other titles, as well).

I urge my colleagues to support this effort by acquiring some of these. Most all of them were re-mastered by Glenn Kubacki from the best available vinyl copies. The quality is as good as ever.

Speaking of keeping the interest in the classic Fleetwood Collection high, when is the next installment of "Off the Record" (especially the great arrangers)

I'd like to hear a total retrospective (what is an audio retrospective called, a retroauditive?) of just Hy or maybe Hy and Joe from all their stages?

That would be a good undergrad course at say "The New School"...

New School goes Old School 301 (3 credits..... Tu; Thurs 11:00 - 13:30 Instructor: Dorritie Auditorium)

Mitzvah - a good deed, a kindness to another, like spending time after practice with a rookie 2nd soprano to help him learn the opener, or just doing a drive-by random act of good will.

The Fleetwood folks will not get rich from re-releasing the '64 Dream, but it sure is good for the order.

OK, Stein?

Oh man, I looked at Fleetwoods releases and must admit I was overwhelmed - so many great choices!

I've a limited budget and could (currently) get two, maybe three of the selections. What would all of you readers consider "Must Hear/Must Have"?

Presently I have five disks, but none are in the Fleetwood catalogue, so it's wide open for me.

Mitzvah - a good deed, a kindness to another, like spending time after practice with a rookie 2nd soprano to help him learn the opener, or just doing a drive-by random act of good will.

The Fleetwood folks will not get rich from re-releasing the '64 Dream, but it sure is good for the order.

OK, Stein?

On behalf of the denizens from the Jayhawk state of Kansas I say to you Frank: aaaahmein stein

Oh man, I looked at Fleetwoods releases and must admit I was overwhelmed - so many great choices!

I've a limited budget and could (currently) get two, maybe three of the selections. What would all of you readers consider "Must Hear/Must Have"?

Presently I have five disks, but none are in the Fleetwood catalogue, so it's wide open for me.

MUST have the "Music of the Hawthorne Caballeros"...if just for the solo work between Jimmy and Don in Siboney!!! :tongue::tongue::tongue:

"Brass by Night", with the Queensmen, Loretto Knights, Floyd-Bennett Golden Eagles and Selden Golden Lancers.

Great solos by Steve Buglino, Billy Hightower, Frankie Buscemi, Tommy Shields, Joe DeFiglia and others, plus arrangements by Dreitzer, Genero, Bunce, Hayes, Bobby Thompson, Don Freising and other legends.

I believe that the Sunrisers were using them in DCA in 1968 or 1969. And Boston had their problems with Tony Schlecta of the VFW in Philly that year with their glocks. He wouldn't allow them. Made the decision on his own, right there at pre-lims.

Ray

I had heard and loved BAC all season long, and I attended finals in Philly as a spectator...could not believe what they did to their drum show taking out the bells. Ruined one of my favorite shows all season long.