Favorite Corps Record

71 World Open

album.jpg

MY favorite too.. Loved 1971 27th

Wes Hobby saying " and when the competetive dust had settled at Manning Bowl, the 27th Lancers were WORLD OPEN CHAMPIONS :worthy::worthy:

Edited by john2780

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wes Hobby saying " and when the competetive dust had settled at Manning Bowl, the 27th Lancers were WORLD OPEN CHAMPIONS :worthy::worthy:

& we had you scared too there is still some of us rockheads around :worthy::worthy:

One of my all time favorites too. Being overseas back then I listened to 71 World Vol 1 over, and over, and over, and over and over....

The first album I ever bought was the 49th Parallel with 1959 Scout House on one side and St. Vincents Cadets on the other. I plum wore that thing out...what a contrast in musical styles! I can still play the snare part to "Wayward Wind" from banging it out as a kid on the couch with the record going. Both sides were well recorded...sometimes it was hit or miss with Fleetwood with the quality of the recording...I still have the album around someplace.

We had this one too, seeing as my Dad is a St. Vinnies alum :worthy:

fclp2010.jpg

1983 DCI top 12 - the only reason being it was the first Finals week I attended.

1984 Garfield - that Mello solo is to die for.

The one's I wore out were:

"The Princemen" - both the 1958 album and the 1959 album

"Sound Off" - Archer-Epler and Pittsburgh Rockets 1959

"Off The Line" - Reilly and Cabs 1958

"Portrait in Brass" - all Skyliners, 1962, especially since I was there when Dick Blake was taping it. Some stories with that session!

"The Corps From The Chesapeake Bay" - Yankee Rebels 1961 and 1962

"Dream" - both 1962 and 1963 boxed sets.

All great stuff, juniors and seniors!

This is where we came from, b*****d horns and all! Just listen to the audience responses, in ALL cases.

Ray

DCI Championships, Denver 1978, Volume 2. First I ever got, best I ever got.

Phantom Regiment

Bridgemen

Blue Stars

Guardsmen.

Wore that mother OUT. That's probably why PR 78 is the best show of all time IMO.

1975 World Open Vol I, II, III

NYS AL Championships 1969 (I think) St. Joe's, Albion Grenadiers were two on there.

Senior side - 1975 Dream where Sky knocked off Cabs for the first time that season and set up a three way race for DCA title. Sky also brought back 'Elks Parade' and you can hear the crowd going nutz.

Skyliners - Caballeros - Yankee Rebels - CT Hurricanes

LOL - wore out the album and now have the CD. Including a copy for the car when on long trips. :smile:

I was in that show. The crowd was so loud at the end they spliced the ending from a different show so it could be heard.

Still have it. If I ever find a needle for a 20 year old panasonic turntable . . . . . . . .

Three that i wore out....

1966 VFW Cavies and Sac!

1967 VFW Chicao Royal Airs... unbelievable!

1971 Dream , my 8 Track Tape... Marched with Blue Rock! The Crowd noise during Requiem exit...one of the highlights of my

50 years in Drum Corps!!

RCC