2011 Phantom Regiment Guard

The powers that be in Rockford have decided the 2011 production requires an all female guard.... not sure what the issue is with this.

As for what the audience wants... :youwonthearmecomplaining:

IMO the last really kick-*ss all-female guard Phantom had was 2002. Was that under Jennifer Leseth's guidance?

There was a ton of intense equipment work in last year's show. The women held up as good as the men doing it.

My only concern in all of this is that I wish sabres went the way of the Dodo bird. I can't see them. They make everyone look like Mime's (they must be using sabres because I see no equipment. )

If Phantom fields a kick -a** guard like 2002 next year, I'll be happy. 2002 is really the only Phantom show that I pay attention to the guard while watching it.

Edited by Catan

Bc you just cut the potential talent pool in half. now instead of taking the top 20 guy and top 20 girls, youre settling for 20 people who wouldnt have made the cut if it were a mixed guard. Yeah it's neat to see them have an all female guard and yeah it's tradition, but i'd rather see a competitive phantom regiment vs a non competitive. When's the last time they had a really good all female guard? Competitively this is a stupid move.

Nonsense, simple as that

G

Edited by GMichael1230

In my opinion this is a step back. The guard issues weren't because of male members. While I love tradition, the benefits of having male guard members outweight any points gained off of said tradition.

The cosmetic changes don't help performance.

Your opinion, thankfully, not reality

G

prove me wrong.

Prove what wrong ?? Are you saying all female guards arent or cant be as competitive as co-ed guards ??? ANd your talent pool, split the talent pool, top 20 guys girls rhetoric is just your opinion. You dont even know how those in charge decide their membership, or their tryout procedures.... I do, Oh well, spew your rhetoric and dont enjoy them next year

G

Edited by GMichael1230