Carolina Crown 2011: Rach Star

Here's a good one

especially at 1:21 and 1:36 :) love it

Much better quality.

And if you notice....Doesn't sound louder than any other corps in the lot. Maybe slightly fuller than some who use extended ranged or different progressions.

I think BD's warmups sounds louder than this video. .. but it is a different camera, and different chord progression

Once again, I deeply admire the Crown brass program, I just hate misreads off bad recordings.

half the people on here think G bugles sound like the recordings...why should this be any different?

Somehow I don't think the show will be 11mins of WWRY :-) As for featuring Nick Starr playing Rachmaninoff, I think it will be amazing (so long as the rest of the corps doesn't break for water when he starts playing).

Last time I checked piano isn't in the word phrase Drum and Bugle corps...although Bb instruments aren't bugles...but I think there's a thread for that.

Edited by Teamcoco3

Last time I checked piano isn't in the word phrase Drum and Bugle corps...although Bb instruments aren't bugles...but I think there's a thread for that.

Why does it seem that everyone thinks the Rachmaninoff is all going to be played on the piano? Has this actually been VERIFIED?

• Like 1

Why does it seem that everyone thinks the Rachmaninoff is all going to be played on the piano? Has this actually been VERIFIED?

Very good question. Somehow I think the brass might just possibly play too. :ph34r:

As for "piano" not being in "Drum and Bugle corps", neither is marimba. jimlad.gif

• Like 2

As for "piano" not being in "Drum and Bugle corps", neither is marimba. jimlad.gif

OMG. THEN HURRY UP AND GET THE MARIMBAS OFF THE FIELD BEFORE EVERYONE FIGURES OUT THEY DON'T BELONG AND THROWS A S**T FIT!!!

Edited by bmt2116

I wouldn't say that, but it was funny and fine. Pretty creative!