2011 DCI Tour of Champions and more

Right... so because YOU want to see all 23 World Class corps we aren't allowed to exclusively show the best 8 corps? Sounds a little selfish...

So what happens if people spend their money on G8 shows and corps instead of DCI competitions with non-G8s? Since they no longer spend that money on DCI shows that is a loss of income for DCI and (all) the Junior corps they represent and support.

Still waiting for someone to tell me how this helps the Drum Corps activity....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

I'll be at La Crosse and Minneapolis. Regarding the touring schedule being hard on the members....it's drum corps. It's hard. Regarding the additional expense, I'm sure none of the G-8 corps have considered this for a second and will be caught with their pants down and have to end the season early due to lack of funds.....

wait for it.....

wait for it......

:rolleyes:

I'll be at La Crosse and Minneapolis. Regarding the touring schedule being hard on the members....it's drum corps. It's hard. Regarding the additional expense, I'm sure none of the G-8 corps have considered this for a second and will be caught with their pants down and have to end the season early due to lack of funds.....

wait for it.....

wait for it......

:rolleyes:

Having rode on the equipment truck for years I can just hear the conversation....

"Need more room in the back"

"For what?"

"These 55 gallon drums"

"New part of the show?"

"Nah... bigger gas fund donation buckets". :blink:

Edit: Speling.... :doh:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

See the problem is that people are so bitter about this whole thing they fail to see that the TOC show gives people exactly what they want. More of the best kind of drum corps. I mean no one's going to go to argue that the top 8 are the best. You may have your favorites, you may have loyalty, you may hate organizations, and you may have disagreements with show design/ concepts/ etc. but the top 8 are most certainly the best. I don't like BD but I would never say that they didn't deserve first because I didn't like their music. (notice I'm saying top 8 because over the years they are likely to change as they have in recent years)

So, TOC is saying, we know you like the best, so, here is the best. But its not saying that the other corps are "worse". It's just that they aren't the best (not everyone can be the best. And obviously I'm not hating on a lower tier corps I've marched one and have respect for all organizations)

The TOC shows give us MORE of the best drum corps. Encore tunes and what not. Obviously what's actually going to happen at these shows is still a mystery but I hear that they are going to offer more interactive experiences at corps warm up locations, and in the stadium.

Offering me more of the best is exactly what I like, but that DOES NOT make me against lower tier corps, or for the overthrow of DCI by the elite. For christ sakes, this happens in politics all the time, people think there are only two sides to every issue when in fact the gray area in the middle is where issues should really stand.

So, really if you don't go to TOC show for DCI/G8 political reasons, fine (blah blah, its your money, blah, blah) But I know that if you really liked drum corps as much as I do that you'll be missing a pretty sweet show IMHO. ;)

This X 1000. People really need to stop insisting that "if you're not for us, you're against us". I refuse to be backed into the corner of "if you're pro G-8 you're anti DCI". The notion is rediculous.

Having rode on the equipment truck for years I can just hear the conversation....

"Need more room in the back"

"For what?"

"These 55 gallon drums"

"New part of the show?"

"Nah... bigger gas fund donation buckets". :blink:

Edit: Speling.... :doh:

Lol, considering the one gallon sized donation buckets are rarely half full I doubt it would make much difference.

You should reread your statement as you said proposal... PROPOSAL... not actually voted on and passed... so good try.

Again, agree. Everyone is so hung up what MIGHT have been if a select few had their way they can't open their eyes and look at what IS. Their counter argument? It's just a matter of time until it happens so don't support anything. Really? More "sky is falling" nonsense.

Lol, considering the one gallon sized donation buckets are rarely half full I doubt it would make much difference.

Hey if you're gonna dream.... dream big.....

Same idea as the people who think this is going to provide a big influx of new fans (I'll wait and see but ain't holding my breath).

do you think that proposal is gone forever? I don't.

Also, if you have the text of the agreement that was passed, I would be interested in seeing that also.

So what. Judging something that doesn't exist, on assumed points, is absurd. It would be like not going to shows now because you disagree with the inclusion of woodwinds in DCI, and there is the potential that they'll be proposed in the future because they've been proposed already.

IF at some point in the future a G-7 or 8 proposal is made and passed that is similar to the original proposal, I'll be first in line to cry foul. But boycotting the current TOC because of what MIGHT happen in the future is JUST. PLAIN. STUPID.

This X 1000. People really need to stop insisting that "if you're not for us, you're against us". I refuse to be backed into the corner of "if you're pro G-8 you're anti DCI". The notion is rediculous.

....as is the notion that going to non-TOC shows instead of TOC shows is "destructive".

....as is the notion that going to non-TOC shows instead of TOC shows is "destructive".

I don't agree with the notion that going to a non TOC show, on a night where there is also a TOC show, is somehow destructive. That doesn't make any sense, so we agree there. If people are going to shows regardless of motive and regardless WHAT show, it is a good thing and good for the activity. This goes for people attending the TOC shows as well. What I take exception to is the notion that "here is a TOC show in my backyard and I'm going to sit on my butt at home with my nose in the air instead of going and enjoying drum corps and supporting the activity based on some rediculous notion that the TOC show is somehow killing DCI." If people choose to go to another show on the same night as a TOC show that is their business and I have no problem with that.