2011 DCI Tour of Champions and more

uhm... people realize that the G7 who made the proposal aren't going to always be in the G8 right? What I mean is, that if Boston manages to get 8th or higher for 3 years in a row that they will be able to participate in the TOC shows. And if Blue Stars drop out of the top 8 eight for 3 years in a row they are no longer able to perform in the G8 shows.

Just saying...

actually, you should read the proposal again. The proposal actually said that Cavaliers, Cadets, Crown, Phantom, Vanguard, Bluecoats, and Blue Devils could move the other corps from class to class with a simple vote, so that if Boston finishes in the Top 8 for 3 years in row, the other corps could simply vote for Boston to not be allowed in.

good try though.

• Like 2

people also bailed on VHS tapes left and right for DVDs... people wanted what was different...

different isnt always good. DVD was good.

• Like 1

uhm... people realize that the G7 who made the proposal aren't going to always be in the G8 right? What I mean is, that if Boston manages to get 8th or higher for 3 years in a row that they will be able to participate in the TOC shows. And if Blue Stars drop out of the top 8 eight for 3 years in a row they are no longer able to perform in the G8 shows.

Just saying...

however, if you look at DCI history, 5 of the 8 are historically in that top grouping far more often than not.

and 5 out of 8 is a majority when it come to votes

• Like 1

well, if you don't agree with their vision, why would you give them the cash? the more people that show up to those shows, the more that leads them to think they were right all along

See the problem is that people are so bitter about this whole thing they fail to see that the TOC show gives people exactly what they want. More of the best kind of drum corps. I mean no one's going to go to argue that the top 8 are the best. You may have your favorites, you may have loyalty, you may hate organizations, and you may have disagreements with show design/ concepts/ etc. but the top 8 are most certainly the best. I don't like BD but I would never say that they didn't deserve first because I didn't like their music. (notice I'm saying top 8 because over the years they are likely to change as they have in recent years)

So, TOC is saying, we know you like the best, so, here is the best. But its not saying that the other corps are "worse". It's just that they aren't the best (not everyone can be the best. And obviously I'm not hating on a lower tier corps I've marched one and have respect for all organizations)

The TOC shows give us MORE of the best drum corps. Encore tunes and what not. Obviously what's actually going to happen at these shows is still a mystery but I hear that they are going to offer more interactive experiences at corps warm up locations, and in the stadium.

Offering me more of the best is exactly what I like, but that DOES NOT make me against lower tier corps, or for the overthrow of DCI by the elite. For christ sakes, this happens in politics all the time, people think there are only two sides to every issue when in fact the gray area in the middle is where issues should really stand.

So, really if you don't go to TOC show for DCI/G8 political reasons, fine (blah blah, its your money, blah, blah) But I know that if you really liked drum corps as much as I do that you'll be missing a pretty sweet show IMHO. ;)

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 3

actually, you should read the proposal again. The proposal actually said that Cavaliers, Cadets, Crown, Phantom, Vanguard, Bluecoats, and Blue Devils could move the other corps from class to class with a simple vote, so that if Boston finishes in the Top 8 for 3 years in row, the other corps could simply vote for Boston to not be allowed in.

good try though.

You should reread your statement as you said proposal... PROPOSAL... not actually voted on and passed... so good try.

• Like 2

See the problem is that people are so bitter about this whole thing they fail to see that the TOC show gives people exactly what they want. More of the best kind of drum corps. I mean no one's going to go to argue that the top 8 are the best. You may have your favorites, you may have loyalty, you may hate organizations, and you may have disagreements with show design/ concepts/ etc. but the top 8 are most certainly the best. I don't like BD but I would never say that they didn't deserve first because I didn't like their music. (notice I'm saying top 8 because over the years they are likely to change as they have in recent years)

So, TOC is saying, we know you like the best, so, here is the best. But its not saying that the other corps are "worse". It's just that they aren't the best (not everyone can be the best. And obviously I'm not hating on a lower tier corps I've marched one and have respect for all organizations)

The TOC shows give us MORE of the best drum corps. Encore tunes and what not. Obviously what's actually going to happen at these shows is still a mystery but I hear that they are going to offer more interactive experiences at corps warm up locations, and in the stadium.

Offering me more of the best is exactly what I like, but that DOES NOT make me against lower tier corps, or for the overthrow of DCI by the elite. For christ sakes, this happens in politics all the time, people think there are only two sides to every issue when in fact the gray area in the middle is where issues should really stand.

So, really if you don't go to TOC show for DCI/G8 political reasons, fine (blah blah, its your money, blah, blah) But I know that if you really liked drum corps as much as I do that you'll be missing a pretty sweet show IMHO. ;)

wish there was a show even remotely near where i live.

so many people just don't realize how good they have it.

• Like 2

however, if you look at DCI history, 5 of the 8 are historically in that top grouping far more often than not.

and 5 out of 8 is a majority when it come to votes

And your point is...?

Yes, I guess 5 corps have developed a certain level of consistency. do you feel that those 5 corps don't belong in the top 8? And who said anything about voting?

different isnt always good. DVD was good.

Well, people have to experience it first until decide whether or not it's good. the DVD didn't come and people started buying it immediately like crazy. They had to experience it first until they decided for themselves whether it was good/better.

Same goes for the TOC Shows!!