2011 World Class Repertoires

Oh and Pacific Crest, your sound improved last year, but Mahler is out of your league. Especially the 5th...I'd even venture to say the 5th is out of most every DC's league.

Give em a chance. I give them a lot of credit for finally getting it on the field. There's a clip of them playing a section of it on their FB page. Not too shabby. Should be some cool stuff!

• Like 1

Ahhh, only a matter of time before hans zimmer showed up in Drum Corps

• Like 1

Ahhh, only a matter of time before hans zimmer showed up in Drum Corps

...his music has definitely been used before.

• Like 2

Give em a chance. I give them a lot of credit for finally getting it on the field. There's a clip of them playing a section of it on their FB page. Not too shabby. Should be some cool stuff!

Don't get me wrong, I've really enjoyed what they have had to offer in the past, but I'm wary of any corps taking on that particular symphony...and my god that movement. I wish them the best.

Don't get me wrong, I've really enjoyed what they have had to offer in the past, but I'm wary of any corps taking on that particular symphony...and my god that movement. I wish them the best.

They certainly have their work cut out for them. I think the risk is worth the possible reward. :music:

Blue Devils: Video Killed the Drum Corps Star -- eschewing body movement of any kind, the Blue Devils reinvent drum corps once again with a sit-down concert of the greatest hits of 70s fusion supergroups including Weather Report and Return to Forever. Featuring guard members dressed as Jaco Pastorius, Chick Corea, Al DiMeola, and Pat Metheny, the Devils will present an interactive video adventure displayed on a 40-foot Jumbotron, with key plot points determined LIVE by audience members voting using the new Blue Devils Mobile app (available for iOS, Android, and coming soon Windows Phone 7). This innovative new approach will guarantee a different experience at every performance, that is, save for the thrilling finale of Herbie Hancock's "Rockit" with the introduction of turntables to the drum corps field.

Cavaliers: Manly Men Doing Masculine Things -- Building on the thematic tradition of recent years, this show will portray the broad spectrum of manly behavior, from amazing sports performances to weightlifting to drunken brawling to refusing to ask for directions. Cavaliers fans will be thrilled with the new corps uniforms featuring full muscle suits under skin-tight spandex to create that very manly superhero look. The audience-friendly repetoire will feature hits including "Girls" by the Beastie Boys, "It's a Man's World" by James Brown, and "B*tches Aint ####" by Snoop Dogg and Dr Dre.

Crown: Moog Cookbook -- a DCI-record 148-member guard performs with two synth players doing analog renditions of today's hottest chart-topping hits from Pink, The Black Eyed Peas, Cee-Lo Green, and Taylor Swift. You may have heard that Crown Guard is not competing this year in WGI. The fact of the matter is, they took the year off to transition to the new unified Carolina Crown Synth and Guard corps. The 2011 DCI program is in fact only a warmup for the upcoming WGI season. Throughout the summer, the poorest performing members will be voted out by the audience in special interactive sessions immediately following Crown's performance at each Tour of Champions events with the goal of whittling the group down to WGI size by Finals day.

That is the funniest thing I've read on the web in months!!!!

My girlfriend is laughing so hard right now, she's crying in pain.

Well done, sir. Epic.

All gone quiet with the 2011 repertoires......?

Had a few messages about what BD & the Regiment may be playing... some interesting, some I suspect complete fantasy, esp. Devils. A little more on Xmen.

Nothing at all about Cavies, Bluestars, Colts or Jersey Surf.

Nothing more on Crown, Gmen, Spirit & Blue Knights.

Had a few messages about what BD & the Regiment may be playing... some interesting, some I suspect complete fantasy, esp. Devils. A little more on Xmen.

Just like the Bluecoats (vs Blue Coats) thing drives other people crazy, this one drives me crazy. It is Blue Stars, two words.

Just like the Bluecoats (vs Blue Coats) thing drives other people crazy, this one drives me crazy. It is Blue Stars, two words.

Silly me, I meant Grey Stars :ph34r:

• Like 4

All in good time I'm sure. ...hey sent you message! :D