Most Famous Show Ever?

Great history BAC fans, with a great Corps.

I need a litlle help with my faulty memory, and maybe I missed this in the posts, but I have a memory of the Corps competing in the red and black as the Boston Crusaders in the 1960s.

Also have some negatives about some spitting incidents on another corps which I find disturbing.

Kevin

Great history BAC fans, with a great Corps.

I need a litlle help with my faulty memory, and maybe I missed this in the posts, but I have a memory of the Corps competing in the red and black as the Boston Crusaders in the 1960s.

Also have some negatives about some spitting incidents on another corps which I find disturbing.

Kevin

Kevin, I think we can all agree that the good sportsmanship that contemporary drum corps embrace was not necessarily the case in our activity during the 60s. There are many incidents on record of aggressive, churlish behavior from alot of corps back in those days. And in answer to your other question, the corps name has been the Boston Crusaders from 1957 to the present, with 83,84, and 85 being the only exception.

Happy to chime in......

Thank you Craiga - looks like I was close with my version - but off by an entire decade. Getting older sometimes robs us of an era in time.

One thing I am most grateful for - having met many former warriors from past competitors - and when I need to get the truth and nothing but the truth, I know I can rely on those souls to set the record straight. I hope they know they can rely on me as well !!!

Craiga has the story correct from what I've heard from those involved. It's too bad it was an alumnus who caused the European incident. There's a chance (again, from what I've heard over the decades)some spouces to this day are not aware that their spouce financially chipped in big bucks to help the Crusaders.

Craiga has the story correct from what I've heard from those involved. It's too bad it was an alumnus who caused the European incident. There's a chance (again, from what I've heard over the decades)some spouces to this day are not aware that their spouce financially chipped in big bucks to help the Crusaders.

Youth activities, whether it be drum corps, church groups, Scouts, athletic programs, etc., often find some of the greatest people who change lives and do great things as leaders and volunteers. Sadly, these same groups often attract many less than honorable types too. BAC being stranded in Europe may be an extreme example, but as far as theft is concerned, I'm willing to bet they are not alone. Even with better oversight and stricter accounting procedures today being in place in non-profit activities, a thief will find a way.

For all the wrong reasons: 1989 BD.

Of all the people I've encountered in the activity in the last 20 years, everyone knows this show and talks about this show.

Likewise, many people are familiar with SCV 1989.

Quite sad.

Personally, I wish shows like 81/82 PR, 78 SCV, 88 Madison, etc were "famous"...

• 2 weeks later...

Friends,

Thanks for the clarification. I was pretty sure the red and black BAC had had that identity for a very long time, at least back to the early 60s, now I know it goes back to the 50s. Don't know what happened in of those missing years. Financial reorg perhaps?

The spitting incident happened in the 2000s

Don't know anything about what happened in Europe.

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

The 1965 Chicago Royal Airs without a doubt!

• 3 weeks later...

I was a member of 1980 Spirit - Soprano player. The performance was so emotional and beyond defining it as just a numeric score, I never once in 31 years even thought about where did we place in horns. This past summer (2011) I finally asked myself that question and we placed second, but it did not matter... that performance was beyond anything a score could ever convey... It didn't even matter to us what we placed in horns.... we played for Jim and his family... Bonnie and Pops were in the audience and had spent two days with us encouraging us and supporting us.