Glassmen 2011 show theme announcement thingy . . .

if this exact same theme and show were announced by Phantom Regiment for example.

Actually, if you check the Phantom 11 thread, it's kind of what started this . . .it's the same "girl, primary colors, spooky" vibe from the "Juliet" image.

Anyway, no disrespect intended towards the org; we all kid because we care. :thumbup:

I can understand that. I just seem to think the conversation would have had a different vibe to it if this exact same theme and show were announced by Phantom Regiment for example.

I'm a corps alumni but I'm trying to be as open minded as possible waiting for details. The information presented seems to allow many different interpretations of what the show could be about. I'm intrigued, but I'm waiting for more information to decide if I want to make fun of it or not.

There were vampire suggestions in the Phantom thread, too. Of course perceptions will be different. For instance, I believe that many shows from less competitive corps that "missed" would have garnered better reactions had they been performed by more competitive corps. It's all about ethos. Many of the higher placing corps have a situated ethos that colors their every action. Many of the lower placing corps must rely on invented ethos to gain appreciation.

Why all the negativity and assumptions this has to do with Vampires?

No reason to be a Negative Nancy when you don't understand the concept or know any of the music involved yet. Instead everyone is taking the route of "I don't know what it is but I don't like it just because I don't want to like it"

I don't have an opion either way yet. why?

BECAUSE OF THIS ####### CAT AND MOUSE GAME OF PEOPLE SAYING WHAT THE HELL THEIR SHOW IS ABOUT!!!

just say it for God's sakes.

Point taken. I don't read here as much as I used to in the offseason. I was more disgusted at the twilight mentions themselves than considering it a slight at the corps. I despise the whole "Twilight" phenomenon just like everyone else here probably does.

However, I'm interested to see if this in any way utilizes the Beethoven love letters where he refers to someone by the name Immortal Beloved.

Or it could be music from the 90's synthpop band Faith Assembly and their album "My Mortal Beloved"

"Presenting their 2011 show, which no music has been released, but a picture has been which has speculation running rampant, Drum Corps International is proud to present The Glassmen"

I can so hear the Voice while typing this

I just seem to think the conversation would have had a different vibe to it if this exact same theme and show were announced by Phantom Regiment for example.

Just be glad that "My Mortal Beloved" doesn't turn out like "The Red Violin"...

I'm interested to see if this in any way utilizes the Beethoven love letters where he refers to someone by the name Immortal Beloved.

Or it could be music from the 90's synthpop band Faith Assembly and their album "My Mortal Beloved"

I personally hope it has nothing to do with moody vampires, Beethoven,or goth anything. I hope it's a show of something like TV game show themes or sea chanteys.