Glassmen 2011 show theme announcement thingy . . .

If ANY of the speculation regarding Phantom or Glassmens' shows prove to be correct we could have 3 shows in the top 12 (Phantom/Glassmen/Cadets) that could possibly be, good v. evil/vampire/goth based. Plus you add Crest with a themes like Sinvitation 7 and Cascades doin Pandora: A dark gift. Plus so many more corps to announce!

Little Jeffey's lookin pretty good right now;)

I hope these corps surprise us and prove all the specultion wrong, cuz I'm already over it. Dont get me wrong I love a dark show but sometimes too much of a good thing...

Does anyone else think that the success of this years Top 3 had anything to do with the new rumored craze?

We had BD (through A Glass Darkly) and Cavies (Mad World) definitly doin dark themes and Bluecoats music was definitly dark as well...just a thought.

Edited by GREENBLUE

they're not going to be happy you leaked the show concept...

crown%20werewolf%202011.jpg

Please tell me you're joking

I personally hope it has nothing to do with moody vampires, Beethoven,or goth anything. I hope it's a show of something like TV game show themes or sea chanteys.

I think a combo of TV game show themes AND sea chanteys would make everyone happy. How could anyone not like that?!

For the following year, a corps should roll out their show concept the day after 2011 Championships as "DCP Ultrahype Early Concept 2012: The Drum Corps Show!" with a poster featuring this very post along with images of the following:

1. A vampire

2. An amplifier

3. A vamplifier

4. The phrase "Appalachian Malaga/uena"

5. A non-prime number. (Has a corps ever done a show about a non-prime number? They should.)

6. Cheese

7. A fanciful acronym. ("Our show is called CORUILOPP. It's an inside joke! If you think you know what it means, clearly you weren't at camp...")

8. A word spelled and capitalized wrong deliberately for artistic effect. Or perhaps afFECT.

9. A word with some numbers and symbols inserted randomly into it. Like th62-#41is. (8*)!)

Edited by troon8

Does anyone else think that the success of this years Top 3 had anything to do with the new rumored craze?

We had BD (through A Glass Darkly) and Cavies (Mad World) definitly doin dark themes and Bluecoats music was definitly dark as well...just a thought.

I've thought the same exact thing. The Judges really liked the dark themed shows last year... But this idea isn't consistent from year to year so Its just passing phase.