Cadets 2011

I think this year's show has the greatest potential they have had in a few years. Last year's show was, for my taste, just silly. We'll see how the guard staff does with "content" this year - last year that seemed to be the weakest statistic in the corps' evaluations.

Jason

• Like 1

I really liked what I saw last night on the webcast. There is only a small portion of the show that uses heavy electronic effects (at the very beginning with the stings and voices singing an Agnus Dei), but even still I thought it was tasteful.

The take on 180 BPM seemed different enough from the Bluecoat's rendition to keep it really interesting. I also liked the fact that they have a full-on percussion feature, representing a battle between the angels and demons.

Some nice big ensemble hits too. I am really interested to see how this show develops over the season - should be a great one!

It’s nice of them to share this with us

From a design, compositional standpoint – I see a lot of 2010 in there

I also see massive Crown 2009 influences, Sky Ryders (88? WWS year) and a BD 2010 moment

Guard looks good, pit sounded good (overwhelmed but I figure it’s a recording issue), horns need work, that Devil Ballad has a long way to go

Nice job all

So the "extra tune" that is juxtaposed with Amazing grace is the "Old 100th" / "Doxology"...

Wonder why this is not credited in the show title, here on DCP, and corpsreps.com?

Not a bashing, just curious...

Edited by jjeffeory

I think this year's show has the greatest potential they have had in a few years. Last year's show was, for my taste, just silly. We'll see how the guard staff does with "content" this year - last year that seemed to be the weakest statistic in the corps' evaluations.

Jason

Without seeing it yet, I agree. I think 'on paper' this show has the most potential since 2005. We'll see how the show pans out in August, but everything I've seen/heard so far looks like Cadets are in much better shape from a design standpoint than they've been in half a decade.

Okay i dont get it. I say something positive and i STILL get a negative? Thats pretty silly. Make up your mind ppl

Try less.

• Like 1

So the "extra tune" that is juxtaposed with Amazing grace is the "Old 100th" / "Doxology"...

Wonder why this is not credited in the show title, here on DCP, and corpsreps.com?

Not a bashing, just curious...

It is interesting, they're using enough content from the Doxology for it to be appropriate to credit the tune's identity.

Try less.

I've gotten negatives for so many positive/innocent comments that I've just decided that I'd be concerned if I started getting positives.

• Like 2