Amplification/Electronics: 2011 Season

Is that your scientific opinion of my hypothetical question?

HH

Usually hypothetical questions have a purpose. Yours does not. What you suggested does not fall under the commonly accepted definition of "science."

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but I thought that this was about the use of amplified singing being a major part of the cadets show. Am I wrong? If I am, I apologize.

However, I am going to wait to pass judgment until I actually see the Cadets' show. I may not agree with the use of amplification, electronics, and whatnot, but I still respect what those kids are going out and doing all summer. I hope they go out there and put on an entertaining show, and if the singing helps to enhance the show, then that is fine with me.

• Like 3

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE KIDS HIM REMEMBER!

it's about both. you can't have one without the other.

ever play into empty stands? I've seen a few corps do it. it sucks

• Like 2

Well, that may be, but I did pay my own way actually so I could march, but that's not the point.

I'm sure you did pay a lot of money, but I just don't hear the same stuff you do I guess. No use arguing with you, you've got your opinions, I've got mine, and that's the way it will probably stay. Just know man that the same stuff that matters to you matters to me, and matters to the kids on the field. Again, this is just a differing perception of the drum corps reality, from opposing sides. Things sound different from the stands and on the field, but I haven't been in the stands in a while, so I don't know how different it is now. Once I age-out, I promise you I will go sit in the stands at Finals, and listen to things, and try and see your viewpoint on these matters. Think you can wait till 2013 for that?

it's about all of us. if no us in the stands, no you on the field. I'll wait and have fun, the odds of me visiting that venue again are slim

• Like 1

I don't disagree with everything you've written here. Except that in the past, you've supported unsustainable practices that will detract from kids' experiences in the long run in favor of experiences for CURRENT marching members. Other than that, I'm right on board with your stance on pining for the past.

except what I spoke of wasnt pining for no amps, or G brass. it was about using technology properly, and making the sound available to ALL in the stands, not those between the 40's.

• Like 1

except what I spoke of wasnt pining for no amps, or G brass. it was about using technology properly, and making the sound available to ALL in the stands, not those between the 40's.

That's hard, considering the people judging are on the 50, and in the press box. Play to them, not the audience.