Amplification/Electronics: 2011 Season

From an email:

The Cadets seek synth player and voice major.

Looks like they're taking a route more along the lines of 2006 when it comes to singing. Should be interesting.

• Like 2

So how much of their show will have singing? Since you know it's a major part of their show and all? Do you actually have any idea?

I'm hoping it's no more than what GMen 2010 had, personally, and that they want a voice major just to make sure it sounds top notch.

Edited by Lance

My guess would be similar to the original work. There is some singing at the beginning and at the end of Angels in the Architecture, but none in the middle. And unless they plan on going with a quieter ending like SCV '09 or Phantom '10, I doubt it would be used at the end of the piece. It also sounds like the singer would be used in encore and TOC extra material stuff according to cadets.org.

From an email:

Looks like they're taking a route more along the lines of 2006 when it comes to singing. Should be vomit inducing.

Fixed. Vocals of any kind in drum corps makes me gag, I've never one time heard it done in any way that benefited the program.

• Like 3

From an email:

Looks like they're taking a route more along the lines of 2006 when it comes to singing. Should be interesting.

Hoping this is relegated to the beginning of the show and TOC stuff. Not sure how it was extrapolated that it will be a major part of the program though.

Personally I hope they bring back the bunny suit. :thumbup: